Supplemental Law Enforcement Officer
Location: 920 Frostwood,Houston,TX 77024
Facility: System Security
Category: Facilities Management
Type: Part time
Supplemental Law Enforcement OfficerSystem Security
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for protecting, securing and promoting the safety and welfare of Memorial Hermann facilities, Professional buildings and occupants in accordance with quality standards of security services as established by Memorial Hermann, while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and department policies governing Houston Police Officer duties and responsibilities with respect to extra employment.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Currently employed full-time as a Peace Officer with the Houston Police Department, Harris County Constables or Metro Police.
- Read, write, speak and comprehend the English Language.
- Proportionate height to weight ratio so as to properly perform all stated law enforcement officer duties.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Responds to all situations, as observed or when dispatched, providing proper assistance as needed in an expedient and professional manner; enforces all City of Houston municipal ordinances where citations are to be issued; completes required HPD documents (blotters, hold cards, complaints, charges) when a suspect is placed under arrest and charged with any offense; files original HPD reports including accident reports which will later be investigated by a specialized division with HPD (burglary and theft, robbery, homicide, forgery, juvenile and accident division); issues City of Houston parking citations for fire lane violations; checks all detained suspects for Municipal, County and Southeast Texas Crime Information Center (SETCIC) warrants; obtains holds from respective divisions; reviews cases with Harris County District Attorney’s office and transporting officer; tags evidence in HPD property room. To assume any other duties, assignments or responsibilities that may be required.
- Operates assigned radio equipment; correctly completes all reports and forwards to the appropriate person; keep supervisors and/or Security Control Center apprised of important Security-related information; ensures care and basic maintenance of vehicles, radios and other assigned equipment; monitors performance and breakdown of equipment or situation which could result in injury, loss of life or property
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.