Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for processing, verifying and delivering all specialized pediatric tube feeding, infant formula and breast milk medical orders. Job requirements include following the directions of the management team and the registered dietitians, appropriately communicating with hospital professional staff, and following policies and procedures to ensure that quality and safety measures are met
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year of experience in the preparation and handling of foods in hotel, restaurant, institutional or retail cafeteria setting preferred
- Must be able to follow and relay oral and detailed written instructions, demonstrate knowledge of weights and measures, perform mathematical calculations used in recipe and inventory calculations
- Demonstrate good communication skills with patients/staff showing customer service focus
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer skills and willingness to learn
- Ability to perform duties that require walking, standing, bending, lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing and use of kitchen equipment and tools
- Exercises strong interpersonal and communication skills by exhibiting objectivity and determines in advance how actions will impact others
- Discretion on when to elevate issues to management
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion, and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Prepares and delivers new and revised breast milk and specialized pediatric/infant formula medical orders in a safe, efficient manner daily.
- Uses the electronic health record to accurately modify formula or milk recipes
- Follows aseptic techniques as established by department guidelines.
- Communicates with interdepartmental and hospital professional staff to verify medical orders and delivery requirements.
- Provides information, excellent customer service and problem solve as needed.
- Conducts regular inventories, distributes prepared, labeled human milk and formulas to the patient care areas according to hospital and department operation policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate care in handling kitchen tools, measuring equipment, dishwasher, refrigerators and freezers in a manner that prevents breakage, loss, or damage; uses various cleaning chemicals, disinfectants as required in performing job duties according to MSDS.
- Inspects, maintains, and ensures quality of products, prepared items, kitchen equipment and facilities as outlined in department and hospital infection control policies and procedures and HACCP standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of services.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K SIGN-ON BONUS! RN - Labor & Delivery 7PM-7AM Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery
- OR Coordinator - OR Scheduling Call Center Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Registered Nurse - Orthopedic, OR - Full Time Days Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR