Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Supplemental Consulting Nurse
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryA registered nurse who is responsible for triaging incoming calls from clients, assessing needs, giving appropriate clinical dispositions and facilitating referrals to primary providers, specialists, healthcare facilities and community resources. This nurse will also educate the client when appropriate regarding immediate care advice and preventive behaviors. Will demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served. Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned.
Education: Nursing Program Registered Nurse (RN) required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License/Certifications:Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in acute or ambulatory care.
- Excellent written, verbal, strong inbound and outbound telephonic and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior nursing process, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills and technical aptitude, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment and type and talk at the same time
- Works effectively with minimum supervision and as a member of a team
- Ensures safe care to patients, staffs and visitors
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and use of the nursing process
- Conducts sound nursing assessments
- Able to develop, implement and evaluate a plan of care for each call
- Documents all inquiries according to department standards to medico legal/statistical purposes
- Maintains a sense of pride and ownership for the program
- Performs data entry at time of call
- Maintains confidentiality of all interactions
- Determine needs of the client by listening, asking open-ended questions and responding positively
- Able to prioritize multiple competing tasks within a highly structured/scheduled environment with defined goals and expectations for performance.
- Reference the appropriate triaged guideline for 100 percent of clients. Select the first positive guideline question/statement. Facilitate appropriate disposition based on assessment information, triage parameters and clinical judgment
- Schedule a callback within 24 hours for 10 percent of all emergency referrals, as specified by site policy, to determine compliance with recommendations.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Hospital Medicine Program Manager, RN Southeast/Pearland Houston Texas Nursing - All, Physician Practice
- Pharmacist Houston Texas Pharmacy
- Referral Coordinator - Home Health Southwest - Days Stafford Texas Nursing - All, Nursing - Home Health