Supp RCP Student-Evenings, Central Staffing
Houston, Texas; Sugar Land, Texas
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryUnder direct supervision, the clinical student will apply their classroom knowledge in a health care setting. The position will provide clinical student rotations, externships and exposure to skills and knowledge necessary in their respective clinical areas of study.
Locations: Greater Heights, Southwest, and Sugar Land
- Enrolled for credit in the clinical portion of an approved academic Respiratory Care program
Licenses/Certifications: BLS Certification required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Completion of the first semester of a clinical practicum
- Apply discipline specific knowledge and skills
- Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions
- Maintains current enrollment in an accredited clinical program.
- Under direct supervision, follows orders and instruction from clinical licensed professional to perform indirect and direct patient care in a competent manner following protocol, processes and set guidelines within the students training and capabilities.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Sign-On Bonus $500 - PCT, Days and Nights Available - ER at Pearland Pearland Texas Nursing Support
- Sign On Bonus - OR - RN Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Sign On Bonus RN - TMC - PACU (11am - 930pm) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg