Supp RCP, Central Staffing
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for administering basic and advanced therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, including arterial blood gases, neonatal procedures, trauma care and ventilator transports, to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients in adult and neonatal critical care units. Function as a resource to RCP I. Participates and leads advanced patient education. Be actively involved in departmental quality program.
**Hiring for ALL LOCATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT)).
- Current and unrestricted Respiratory Care Practitioner License with the State of Texas required
- BCLS and one (1) of the following: ACLS, PALS, NRP, CPFT, RPFT, RPSGT, Asthma Certified Educator, NRP Instructor, ACLS Instructor, PALS Instructor or CPR Instructor
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) year of clinical experience with a minimum of six (6) months of critical care experience.
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Ability to commit to elected commitment schedule, with flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas when necessary.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the CQI process. Perform respiratory care quality assurance problem solving and take appropriate actions.
- Performs respiratory care procedures: administers medical gases, humidifiers and aerosols for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes according to advanced skills check-off for RCP II. Conducts advanced patient education per skills check-off.
- Takes and follows verbal treatment orders from physicians in administering drugs and medications to the cardiopulmonary system of patients. Evaluates treatment program, results and takes appropriate action.
- Performs the following: patient assessment, interpret arterial blood gases, pulmonary function testing, hemodynamics and chest x-rays as indicated in skills check-off for RCP II. Develop respiratory care plan and make recommendations for patient management. Serve as a resource person to RCP I.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical records and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently according to policies and procedures.
- Participates in the evaluation of new respiratory care equipment.
- Remain current in respiratory care through continuing education, participation in in-service training, and review of journals. Conducts inter and intradepartmental respiratory care in-services at least once a year to patients, staff, hospital, system or to the community.
- Adhere to commit to the agreed upon supplemental schedule set forth.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services