Supp Pharm Tech-Multiple Openings, Central Staffing
Houston, Texas; Cypress, Texas; Humble, Texas; Pearland, Texas; Sugar Land, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the provision of pharmaceutical care by performing technical and clerical duties associated with the operation of the Pharmacy.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
Education: High School diploma orGED
Current Pharmacy Tech certification or Pharmacist Intern License required
Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through accredited program is required if incumbent compounds sterile products
Experience / Knowledge/ Skills:
- Two (2) years pharmacy experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
Pharmacy Technician II requires proficiency and routine activity in a minimum of three (3) skills from List I or a minimum of one (1) skill from List II that's being performed as the primary role of the job
- Distribution (Unit Dose/PYXIS)
- Satellite operation (i.e. OR, Pediatrics, etc.)
- IV admixture
- Selects prescribed medications according to dosage and strength indicated on patient medication file or cart-fill list. Delivers medications to the patient care areas.
- Stocks and monitors drug inventory levels, ensuring adequate and up-to-date supplies.
- Inspects and maintains emergency medication trays.
- Packages and labels unit dose oral liquids/tablets, and maintains pre-pack records.
- Responds to oral requests for medications from nursing personnel and other departments.
- Posts and codes patient pharmaceutical charges and credits into automated system, and returns credited medication to inventory. Reviews patient billing records for accuracy.
- Prepares intravenous antimicrobials, large volume parenterals, adult and neonatal TPN solutions, epidurals and intravenous antineoplastics.
- Documents Quality Improvement activities for the I.V. Room, e.g. hood cleaning, refrigeration temperature log, aseptic technique, etc.
- Follows processes to ensure all medications are compliant to technology safety checks.
- Prepares sterile products in an accurate and aseptic manner when appropriate.
- Attends to customers as a liaison and gathers a medication history if applicable.
- Properly manage pharmaceutical waste.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles. Specific age groups that are served by this position are circled:
| Neonate | Infant | Pediatric | Adolescent | Adult | Adult/Geriatric |
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K SIGN-ON BONUS! RN - Labor & Delivery 7PM-7AM Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery
- OR Coordinator - OR Scheduling Call Center Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Registered Nurse - Orthopedic, OR - Full Time Days Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR