Sterile Processing Tech, PRN (Evenings) Greater Heights
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for the preparation and packaging of surgical instruments for sterilization utilizing principles of Standard Precautions and utilizing Principles of Event Related Sterility.
Education: High School Diploma orGED required and one (1) year of formal training or education in a related allied/clinical healthcare profession
- Certified by the Board of Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or
- The International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management (IAHCSMM) required or
- Must obtain within one (1) year of hire date
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in Sterile Processing or a related allied/clinical healthcare profession role (e.g. Medical Assistant, Scrub Tech, etc.) required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English language
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver supplies and equipment in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and apply problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Fundamental knowledge of the Sterile Processing department rules, procedures and processes.
- Accurately handles and cares for instruments/equipment appropriately, including appropriate selection of cleaning agents, lubricants, examination for function, identification and assembly according to count sheet and preparation for sterilization.
- Identify, document, and report equipment and tools in need of repair and ensures maintenance is completed.
- Organizes, prepares, assembles, and sterilizes instruments, equipment and supplies according to hospital/medical facility standards of sterilization.
- Correctly peel-pack supplies/instruments, wraps instruments for sterilization, inspects each instrument for use, function, completeness, and cleanliness.
- Loads, monitors, operates and maintain different types of cleaning and sterilization equipment and machinery accurately and safely.
- Assists in maintaining records of all equipment and supplies, ordering of supplies as needed, and monitoring quality control and infection control standards.
- Increases knowledge base by accepting more complex assignments regularly.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile