Sr. Security Architect - Cloud
As part of the Information Service Division (ISD), you’ll help process and store information throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System. This includes providing support, planning and development services as well as delivering and supporting secure systems in our more than 300 care delivery sites across Greater Houston. You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the continued health and well-being of our system’s entire technology infrastructure.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
Memorial Hermann being named one of the ‘Most Wired Healthcare Organizations’ for numerous years is proof that we value technology and advancing patient care through smarter, faster systems.- Jason W., Lead Applications Programmer/Analyst
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Senior Architect works across multiple solutions and interacts with the solution teams throughout multiple project phases. The senior architect is involved in scope decisions, process assessment, design and build, testing, training and delivering business results.
This position identifies key solution integration points that may affect design decisions and supports the management of domain strategies, change management and issue management.
This position is responsible for conducting internal consulting engagements for various IT and InfoSec projects in support of their business objectives. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of InfoSec business needs as well as the workings of a large and complex corporate healthcare and information systems environment. A working knowledge of the healthcare business, computer systems, and project management tools and methodologies is required.
Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and 5 years of technical or healthcare solutions experience
Licenses/ Certifications: Recognized technical certification or expertise in at least two key healthcare solutions areas
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Master skill levels in at least one (1) technology or healthcare solutions area
- Superior analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technically complex issues to any audience, technical administrative, clinical and executive levels
- Commitment to continual enhancement of integration knowledge
- Experience in providing consultative services
- Demonstrates broad and insightful technical knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be a great team player
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops structured processes and plans by translating customer needs into solution alternatives.
- Drives customer to choose among competing solution alternatives utilizing cost/benefit analysis.
- Maintains an effective level of coordination on assigned projects.
- Translates user and department information needs into solutions utilizing ISD methodologies.
- Provides customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates ability to add measurable value to ISD customers and colleagues.
- Ensures adhering to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively function as a team member. Develops effective relationships within the organization (subordinates, peers, and supervisors).
- Develops an understanding of ISD solution segments.
- Develops and implements project documentation as appropriate.
- Pursues individual professional growth and development which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Facilitates meetings as necessary, including preparation of materials and communication of outcomes and follow-up items.
- Demonstrates commitment in the Partners In Caring and Continuous Quality Improvement programs.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assists with the resolution of escalated production issues, as necessary.
- Provides technical /integration guidance during conversion planning meetings.
Key difference by position
- Fully meets the requirements and performance standards of an Architect position (IT1411), plus the following:
- Participates and provides leadership in all project activities – including project meetings, strategy sessions, etc.
- Assists with managing project scope.
- Assists with development of project implementation strategies and work plans.
- Supports Domain Planning and Management.
- Coordinates solution / project / production support activities with vendor contacts.
- Provides data conversion/migration expertise.
- Provides integration expertise.
- Provides troubleshooting support across project implementation.
- Provides common process expertise.
- Provides change management leadership to drive integrated process improvement.
- Actively contributes and shares knowledge in the architect community.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile