Sr. Performance Improvement Specialist (Cardiology Experience Required)
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Senior PI Specialist is responsible for driving progress of robust process improvement projects. Experienced nurse (cardiology experience required) that also has experience leading process and quality improvement projects. He/She will facilitate and coordinate quality, process, and performance improvement activities using robust process improvement methodology and maximize identification of process defects and replication of proven improvement strategies. The components of robust process improvement program include, but are not limited to appropriate prioritization of projects based on strategic goals, level of urgency and availability of robust data. The Senior PI Specialist works collaboratively with key stakeholders including process owners, organization leaders and physicians. The position typically reports to a Quality Director or Manager.
Education: MD,BSN or other 4-year clinical degree required
Licenses/Certifications:Process improvement certification required or completed within 12 months of employment (Lean Six Sigma, Robust Process Improvement ®, CS&E Program or equivalent training)
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Minimum two (2) years experience in robust process improvement
- Minimum of five (5) years in an acute hospital environment
- Knowledge of leading practice in clinical care and regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Knowledge of quality measures up to date specifications (e.g. Core Measure Specifications for TJC / CMS )
- Self-motivated, proven communication skills, assertive.
- Demonstrated effective working relationship with physicians and leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality outcomes.
- Strong team facilitation skills including building trust and open communication regarding project issues and results
- Statistical software proficiency preferred (i.e. Engine Room, Minitab, JMP)
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Participate in and coordinate comprehensive data collection for compliance of national, state, regional and internal clinical quality measures including concurrent core measures review and/or centralized abstraction
- Assists in identifying clinical quality measures improvement opportunities based on evidence based clinical practices and statistical analysis of current practice patterns
- Contributes to clinical quality measures data collection, aggregation, and dissemination
- Contributes to short term and long term clinical quality measures robust process improvement projects to continuously improve the clinical quality measuring, monitoring and compliance program
- Develop and implement a plan for essential data collection, thorough analysis and effective data manipulation
- Work with robust process improvement sponsor for improvement strategies
- Educate staff and physicians to provide evidenced based care and improve clinical outcomes
- Educate and mentor hospital PI specialists in robust process improvement
- Participate in validating accurate clinical quality measures abstraction through systematic inter rater reliability processes
- Coach site or hospital robust process improvement project teams
- Sharing of best practices to allow for System-wide learning.
- Collaborate with enterprise quality and patient safety program, in particular the centralized abstraction function, to share knowledge leading to better outcomes
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Patient Access Representative, Emergency Room, 7p - 7a (Wednesday to Saturday) Houston Texas Administrative / Support Services
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Registered Nurse- Nights, Southeast Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- RN - Labor & Delivery - Nights The Woodlands Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery