Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Sr. MT, Days - Greater Heights CCC
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for evaluating, performing, and overseeing various laboratory tests/procedures as assigned. Assists in development of new or revised procedures. Serves as the person in-charge of the department in the absence of the Lab Director, Medical Laboratory Specialist, or Manager
- Education: (None)
- Licenses/Certifications: MT(ASCP) Registry or Certified MLS(ASCP)CM .
- Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills: Three years of pertinent experience in a high complexity laboratory in the assigned/specified area; completion of Senior Medical Technologist skills competency within one year of accepting this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs and documents test results, quality control, maintenance procedures according to technical policy/procedure; Troubleshoots instruments as needed.
- Oversees and evaluates the performance of testing, quality control, maintenance, and procedures for assigned area. Prepares monthly quality summary reports documenting the performance of instruments, quality control, linearity, service visits, and clinical service issues. Coordinates service visits.
- Evaluates and maintains technical procedures as appropriate to the department/facility; in area assigned, meets/exceeds competency requirements for all workstations; writes procedures; exhibits working knowledge of laboratory equipment and laboratory information systems.
- Ensures compliance of regulatory standards associated with the following governing and accrediting agencies including TJC, FDA, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA and CLIA. Is knowledgeable of the regulatory standards and compliance thereof. Participates in CAP mock inspections and off-site system inspections.
- Teaches, assesses competency, mentors and/or preceptors to other laboratory employees and students in the areas of technical procedures and policies, quality control, maintenance procedures, performance improvement, production efficiency, and customer service.
- Provides input into Medical Technologists initial, six month, and annual training, performance appraisals, and annual competency. Coaches and provides input to Lab Director or Manager for counseling sessions associated with performance, error reports, and employee recognition program.
- Demonstrates leadership and performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the PI process. May take part in the interview process of job applicants.
- Supports intradepartmental cohesiveness; practices teamwork, acknowledges and appreciates other employees’ strengths, communicates effectively with laboratory staff, MLS, and Laboratory Director, provides and asks for feedback, accurately documents and reports issues, observations and solutions for the Laboratory Director or Manager.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients regarding to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory and/or reporting results according to the policies and procedures of Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to customer needs.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to other laboratory and other hospital staff; demonstrates leadership qualities; designs and provides in services to co-workers and helps develop and implements teaching/training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile