Sr Medical Technologist-HLA
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for evaluating, performing, and overseeing various laboratory tests/procedures as assigned. Assists in development of new or revised procedures. Serves as the technical person in-charge of the department in the absence of the Lead Technologist.
We seek a Sr. Medical Technologist to join our HLA Lab at our Texas Medical Center! Experience in a related position is highly desired with knowledge in QA/QC, training and mentoring staff. HLA specific experience is highly desired but not required.
Education: Must possess equivalent of Bachelors of Arts or Bachelors of Science undergraduate degree, preferably in a biological science (There are no organized academic programs which adequately train individuals for work in this field; a broad scholastic background in biology, chemistry, and immunology is preferred)
- MT(ASCP) Registry
- Certified MLS(ASCP)
- Certified MLS(ASCP)CM
- Certification in Histocompatibility ABHI with three (3) years of HLA experience is preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of pertinent full-time laboratory experience of which not less than two (2) years have been spent working in the designated laboratory in the assigned/specified area completion of MHHS HLA Medical Technologist skills competency within one (1) year of accepting this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Oversees, evaluates, performs and documents test results, quality control, maintenance procedures and associated corrective actions according to policy/procedure.
- Evaluates and maintains technical procedures as appropriate to the department/facility. Meets/exceeds competency requirements for all workstations; writes procedures; and exhibits working knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Serves as a resource, mentor and/or preceptor to other laboratory employees and students in the areas of equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, Performance Improvement, Production efficiency, and Customer Service.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the Performance Improvement process. Demonstrates leadership in customer service/satisfaction and in Laboratory Performance Improvement.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives set forth by laboratory services, the hospital, and system. Understands, communicates and complies with standards and conditions set forth by various governmental and accrediting agencies including TJC, FDA, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA, ASHI and CLIA.
- Supports system and hospital customer service initiatives. Recognizes customer satisfaction issues and responds appropriately. Builds and maintains effective relationships with other employees. Develops an effective working relationship with all customers, solicits input, and works with customers to implement mutually satisfying corrective actions.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients as to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory and/or reporting of results according to the policies and procedures set forth by Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to customer needs.
- May take part in the interview process of job applicants.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services