Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for evaluating, performing, and overseeing various laboratory tests/procedures as assigned. Assists in development of new or revised procedures. Serves as the person in-charge of the department in the absence of the Lab Director, Medical Laboratory Specialist, or Manager
Position is responsible for evaluating, performing, and overseeing various laboratory tests/procedures as assigned. Assists in development of new or revised procedures. Serves as the person in-charge of the department in the absence of the Lab Director, Medical Laboratory Specialist, or Manager
Schedule is 2 am to 10 am.
This individual will be responsible for day to day operations including supervising of staff in the performance of routine blood draws, collection and processing of patient specimens; assisting with and resolving technical issues, and other duties as assigned. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a biological science required;(Incumbents hired into this job prior to 7/1/2019 Bachelor's is not required)
Licenses/Certifications: Medical Technologist (ASCP) or Medical Technologist (AMT), Certified CLS (ASCP), or Certified MLS (ASCP)CM
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Three (3) years of pertinent experience in a high complexity laboratory in the assigned/specified area; completion of Senior Medical Technologist skills competency within one year of accepting this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs and documents test results, quality control, maintenance procedures according to technical policy/procedure; Troubleshoots instruments as needed.
- Oversees and evaluates the performance of testing, quality control, maintenance, and procedures for assigned area. Prepares monthly quality summary reports documenting the performance of instruments, quality control, linearity, service visits, and clinical service issues. Coordinates service visits.
- Evaluates and maintains technical procedures as appropriate to the department/facility; in area assigned, meets/exceeds competency requirements for all workstations; writes procedures; exhibits working knowledge of laboratory equipment and laboratory information systems.
- Ensures compliance of regulatory standards associated with the following governing and accrediting agencies including TJC, FDA, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA and CLIA. Is knowledgeable of the regulatory standards and compliance thereof. Participates in CAP mock inspections and off-site system inspections.
- Teaches, assesses competency, mentors and/or preceptors to other laboratory employees and students in the areas of technical procedures and policies, quality control, maintenance procedures, performance improvement, production efficiency, and customer service.
- Provides input into Medical Technologists initial, six (6) month, and annual training, performance appraisals, and annual competency. Coaches and provides input to Lab Director or Manager for counseling sessions associated with performance, error reports, and employee recognition program.
- Demonstrates leadership and performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the PI process. May take part in the interview process of job applicants.
- Supports intradepartmental cohesiveness; practices teamwork, acknowledges and appreciates other employees’ strengths, communicates effectively with laboratory staff, MLS, and Laboratory Director, provides and asks for feedback, accurately documents and reports issues, observations and solutions for the Laboratory Director or Manager.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients regarding to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory and/or reporting results according to the policies and procedures of Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to customer needs.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center Houston Texas Allied Health, Dietary Services
- PRN Visitor Screener-Alvin Texas, Central Staffing Alvin Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Nursing Support
- CT Tech Cypress (part time varied schedule) Cypress Texas Imaging / Diagnostic