Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Social Worker, LCSW
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Licensed Clinical Social Worker systematically intervenes to provide clinical social work and complex discharge planning to patients and their families who have psychosocial needs, require assistance with eligibility determination for social programs and funding sources, and qualify for community assistance from a variety of special funds and agencies. In addition, offer crisis intervention and/or mental health assessment to patients and families with psychosocial needs and coordinates and facilitates the development of a multidisciplinary discharge plan for the care of high-risk patient populations. This role will participate in an interdisciplinary team (including Physicians, Case Managers, Staff Nurses and other members of the care team) to provide services for individuals from at-risk population and ensure that psychosocial issues are attended to and treated as required across the continuum of care.
Typically reports to the Manager or Director, Case Management.
Education: Graduate of an accredited masters of social work program (MSW)
Licenses/Certifications: Current license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in the state of Texas required; ACM certification from American Case Management Association (ACMA) preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years’ healthcare social work experience required
- Acute inpatient hospital social work experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of DSM V and ICD-10 manuals
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skill in social work assessment and treatment of patients for mental health status and substance abuse screening
- Excellent therapeutic communication and negotiation skills in interactions with patients, families, physicians and health care team colleagues
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge and/or experience in utilization management, managed care, and payor issues
- Exposure and/or experience in ambulatory and post-acute care, as well as, community resources
- Ability to work independently, as well as, to develop collaborative relations with physicians, families, patients, interdisciplinary team and other community agencies
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab