Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryProvides continuous observation of assigned patients, under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse, including verbally redirecting the patient from engaging in at-risk behaviors and summoning the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
*CNA certified required
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Licenses/Certifications:Certified in Basic Life Support or Heartsaver CPR with AED within 90 days of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to understand verbal and written instruction and communicate clearly and effectively with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavioral changes
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged and/or extensive sitting, standing, and walking
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides continuous monitoring and observation of patients; coordinates with Registered Nurse on relief efforts when leaving the patient room in order to maintain constant patient observation
- Maintains visual observation of patient at all times; immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance; seeks help or advice if patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others
- Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues, and ensures safe patient environment; seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports findings to the registered nurse
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment
- As assigned by the PCA or other patient care provider, may assist patient with activities such as eating, cleaning, walking, brushing teeth/hair, etc.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes; follows safety rules; works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors; and participates in organizational and department safety programs
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile