Sign-On Bonus $10K- Respiratory Care Practitioner - Full-Time, Part-Time, Supplemental (All Locations)
Houston, Texas; Cypress, Texas; Katy, Texas; Humble, Texas; Pearland, Texas; Sugar Land, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummarySign-On Bonus eligibility for Full Time ($10K) and Part Time ($5K) ONLY; experience levels II – III.
Sign-On Bonus eligibility for Full Time ($10K) and Part Time ($5K) ONLY; experience levels II – III.
Position responsible for administering therapeutic and diagnostic procedures to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients requiring intensive care treatment.
Memorial Hermann is offering a variety of shifts and locations for Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCPs) interested in full-time, part-time, and supplemental opportunities at hospitals throughout the Greater Houston area. Locations such as: TMC, Children’s, TIRR, Memorial City, Greater Heights, Southwest, Pearland, Sugar Land, Katy, Northeast.
When you apply, you will receive an email and/or text message from Memorial Hermann within one (1) business day requesting basic information and your work preferences. Our Recruitment Team will match your preferences with open positions to expedite the application process.
If you are looking for teamwork in a supportive environment, we would be pleased to receive your application and help find your best fit at Memorial Hermann!
Education: Bachelor degree in Respiratory Care preferred
- Graduate Respiratory Therapist (GRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) orRegistered Respiratory Therapist-Adult Critical Care Specialty (RRT-ACCS) orRegistered Respiratory Therapist-Sleep Disorders Specialty (RRT-SDS) required. Incumbents hired into this job prior to 2/18/2019 may be either RRT or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT))
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License required.
- BCLS and one (1) of the following required: ACLS, PALS, NRP, Asthma Certified Educator, NRP Instructor, CPR Instructor, PALS Instructor, or ACLS Instructor depending on your patient population.
- Less than one (1) year experience
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting
- Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate verbally and in writing are also necessary
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiency, and a commitment to the CQI process.
- Perform respiratory care procedures: administer medical gases, medications and aerosols for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes, and provide basic patient education according to skills check-off for RCP I.
- Follow written orders from physicians in administering drugs and medications to the cardiopulmonary system of patients, evaluate treatment provided and take appropriate action.
- Perform basic assessment and basic interpretation of Arterial Blood gases, Pulmonary Function testing and chest x-rays as indicated in skills check-off for RCP I.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical records and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently according to policies and procedures.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and accuracy of practice.
- Remains current in respiratory care through continuing education, participation in in-service training, review of journals. Assists in clinic education efforts, whether to patients, staff, hospital, system or to the community.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU RN (Mon-Fri/6am-2:30pm) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Supp Call Center Rep-The Woodlands, Central Staffing The Woodlands Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Administrative / Support Services
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU Registered Nurse - (Mon-Fri/Varied Shift (days/evenings) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR