Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Senior Special Procedures Tech
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryTakes radiologic films of the body requiring specialized or complicated procedures to assist in the diagnosis of diseases and injuries. Acts as an assistant to the physician during invasive radiological procedures. The senior technologist serves as a preceptor, mentor, and resource to staff. Also assists management with supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Graduate of an approved School of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- Licensed by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R), required
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Four years of prior experience as a Special Procedures Technologist
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs special/invasive radiology procedures on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images
- Helps maintain appropriate patient flow and ensures delivery of quality services in the department
- Demonstrates excellent technical skills. Acts as a resource and mentor to staff and less experienced technologists. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques to the other technologists.
- Reviews incomplete exam list and unsigned report status routinely
- Functions as a liaison between physicians, technologists and department support staff
- Enters and monitors patient data and health history as its pertinent to the exam being performed
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment. Recommends equipment modifications. Identifies and helps to resolve equipment malfunctions. Completes initial and renewal application for ACR and any other accreditation.
- Maintains safety, environmental, and infection control procedures for the department
- Helps schedule technologists to ensure appropriate staffing for expected patient volume
- Intervenes with patients to help resolve complaints and issues
- Responsible for supply management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile