Senior Security Officer
Job DescriptionPosition responsible for assisting with the protecting, securing and promoting safety and security at a Memorial Hermann Hospital campus.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) year of security related experience with demonstrated leadership abilities or the equivalent combination of supervisory experience and higher education.
- Certified as a Certified Healthcare Security Supervisor by the International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (if not certified upon date of hire, must be Certified as a Certified Healthcare Advanced Security Officer by IAHSS and must obtain Supervisor certification no more than six (6) months after hire)
- Must be licensed as a Commissioned Security Officer by the Texas Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (if not licensed upon date of hire, must obtain license no more than 90 days after hire)
- Possession of a valid driver’s license (if from out of state, must obtain a Texas Driver’s license within 90 days of employment)
- Must meet the Security Services requirements to carry a firearm
- Must be certified in Heartsaver® CPR by the American Heart Association (if not certified upon date of hire, must obtain certification no more than 90 days after hire).
Knowledge of Texas Penal Code, security reports and investigations, and JCAHO security standards.
Must be able to understand the English language and communicate it effectively in both verbal and written form. Proficiency in the use of computers is required.
Must be able to meet Physical Fitness Requirements as outlined in the System Security Physical Fitness Standard (see the Standard for details).
- Supervise shift security operations in the absence of the Lead Security Officer.
- Assist with the supervision of the activities of assigned personnel; conduct site post inspections; review performance with employees on a routine and annual basis; conducts roll call to ensure assigned personnel are available, ready, and properly prepared for duty; provides briefings for relieving supervisory personnel.
- Perform Security Officer duties as required to maintain security in building, lots, and grounds; respond to all security and emergency situations as required; ensure the public peace is maintained in all areas of assignment; assist patients, visitors and staff by coordinating security assistance and by answering questions and providing directions.
- Have a complete understanding of hospital, building management and departmental policies, procedures, post orders and comply with their job requirements at all times.
- Properly operate and care for assigned security equipment. Monitor performance of and report failures in equipment assigned to unit. Maintain knowledge of the location and operation of security systems, emergency systems and equipment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.