Senior Financial Analyst - Service Lines
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for conducting complex analysis and interpretation of data to include monitoring of resources, evaluation of processes and presentation of historical information trends to ensure optimal departmental effectiveness. The incumbent will be responsible for the management of data and the preparation of reports that may be presented at hospital, system and board levels in the organization. Specific focus on Primary Care and Surgery service lines.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for profitability analysis across all service lines. The ideal candidate must have healthcare experience as a Financial Analyst.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; or equivalent training. Advanced degree preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Public Accountant preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years work experience
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Prepares complex financial analyses for various projects, including business plans that support new and expanded services and facility and equipment acquisitions.
- Participates in the preparation and submission of documentation for long term financing requests.
- Assists with the development of the annual budget. Develops profitability analysis for clinical service lines and payor classes. Meets with and provides guidance to managers, assisting them in budget preparation or analysis projects. Trains Corporate and hospital finance staff on budget software system.
- Develops trend analysis reports that monitor hospital or corporate key performance indicators and compares them to internal and external benchmarks.
- Trains and provides guidance to new Financial Analysts.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile