Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Senior Director, Major Gifts
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThrough philanthropy, Memorial Hermann Foundation strives to enhance the world-renowned patient care, research and education that make a difference for the countless individuals and families served by Memorial Hermann System. We have charted a strategic path focusing on clear objectives for the future, and have defined the time, talent and resources required to meet our targets. Now is an exciting time to join a growing development team that values creativity, responsibility and respect.
This position is responsible for creating, coordinating and executing fundraising within the Major Gift Program.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or related field.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ten (10) years of professional experience with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in development, preferably in major gifts and/or health care.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to interact with senior management, board members, and other high level volunteers, donors, and prospects.
- Excellent organizational skills to execute multiple projects.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Works with the CEO of the Foundation and AVP, Major Gifts to establish measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Communicates directly with donors, prospects, and their advisors.
- Devises and implements strategies for specialized campaign plans (e.g., capital campaigns) and directed fundraising projects.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Selects, trains, mentors, evaluates, and counsels staff as appropriate.
- Qualifies and manages a major gifts portfolio of high-capacity, high-profile donors. Identifies, cultivates and solicits primarily gifts of $100,000 or greater from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develops and coordinates materials and seminars.
- Educates and informs senior officers and development staff through personal contact, presentations, and reports on advanced major gift identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies and techniques.
- Maintains professional expertise and a library of reference material on major gift fundraising.
- Represents the Foundation in the professional and philanthropic community.
- Responsible for yearly fundraising goals as specified in performance standards.
- Participates in activities of the Foundation’s Legacy Society.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab