Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Senior Director, Planned and Major Gifts
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThrough philanthropy, Memorial Hermann Foundation strives to enhance the world-renowned patient care, research and education that make a difference for the countless individuals and families served by Memorial Hermann System. We have charted a strategic path focusing on clear objectives for the future, and have defined the time, talent and resources required to meet our targets.
Now is an exciting time to join a growing development team that values creativity, responsibility and respect.
The Director, Major and Planned Gifts represents the Memorial Hermann Foundation across the organization and in the community. The Director of Major and Planned Gifts is responsible for coordinating, executing, and at times, creating major and planned gift fundraising programs for Memorial Hermann Foundation. S/he provides leaderships and works collaboratively with Foundation leadership, System staff and physicians to advance philanthropic support for Memorial Hermann Foundation including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a dynamic portfolio of major and planned gifts.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Licenses/Certifications: None required; CFRE a plus
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ten (10) years of professional experience with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in development, preferably in major gifts and/or health care.
- 5 years professional planned giving fundraising and stewardship experience
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles and experience in soliciting and securing planned gifts a must
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to interact with senior management, board members and other high level volunteers, donors, physicians and prospects
- Demonstrated ability in thinking strategically to acquire, engage, upgrade, and steward donors
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining relationships with donors, staff, partners and physicians
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
- Goal oriented with strong planning, project management and problem-solving skills and the ability to execute on multiple projects
- Ability to persuade and motivate others
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and to adapt to meet varying needs and conditions
- High degree of professionalism, collegiality, maturity and diplomacy required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus
Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Works with the CEO of the Foundation and AVP, Major Gifts to establish measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Devises and implements strategies for specialized campaign plans including capital campaigns and directed fundraising. Develops and coordinates materials and functions as required.
- Qualifies and manages a major gifts portfolio of high-capacity, high-profile donors. Identifies, cultivates and solicits primarily gifts of $100,000 or greater from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Participates in and supports the fundraising initiatives of the Foundation, including special events, employee campaign and donor engagement activities.
- Selects, mentors, trains, supervises, evaluates and counsels employees as appropriate.
- Collaborates across the Foundation team on cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and gift officer portfolios. Works closely with the advancement services team on necessary data, gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Promotes individuals professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Supports foundation-based goals that contribute to the success of the Foundation and Memorial Hermann.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile