RN or RT - Pediatric ECMO Specialist (TMC)
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job Summary*This is not a New Grad Position*
Eligible for $10k Sign on Bonus
The Children’s Heart Institute at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital – named one of the top 50 best children's hospitals nationally in Cardiology & Heart Surgery by U.S. News & World Report – offers innovative solutions for patients with congenital or acquired heart disease, delivering high-quality outcomes.
As a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and one of the busiest trauma centers in the country, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital is specialized and equipped to care for even the most severe cases.
The Pediatric ECMO Specialist team is a highly trained and dedicated group of Registered Nurses and Respiratory Therapists that respond to emergency situations in our TMC Children's location. As an ECMO specialist, you will utilize the bypass machine to assist with rapid response procedures needed to save lives. The ECMO specialist will also manage Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD) within the Cardiac ICU.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in high-stress situations and able to self-direct their care process.
A minimum of two years in Cardiac/Critical Care Pediatrics is required, previous ECMO specialist experience is highly preferred.
- 3 (12 hour) shifts a week, with rotating weekend commitment
Minimum Qualifications for Registered Nurses:
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Minimum Qualifications for Respiratory Therapists:
Education: Bachelor degree in Respiratory Care preferred
- Graduate Respiratory Therapist (GRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) orRegistered Respiratory Therapist-Adult Critical Care Specialty (RRT-ACCS) orRegistered Respiratory Therapist-Sleep Disorders Specialty (RRT-SDS) required. Incumbents hired into this job prior to 2/18/2019 may be either RRT or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT))
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License required.
- BCLS and one (1) of the following required: ACLS, PALS, NRP, Asthma Certified Educator, NRP Instructor, CPR Instructor, PALS Instructor, or ACLS Instructor depending on your patient population.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- PACU Registered Nurse (FT/Varied) - Northeast Hospital Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering
- OR Support Tech - Operating Room, FT Nights Houston Texas Surgical Services