RN - General Surgical, Nights
Memorial Hermann offers a variety of opportunities for Medical Surgical RNs across our system. These range from providing patient care for Neuro specific patients, to assisting Surgical Trauma patients, to providing Adult Elderly Acute Care, to helping Medical Oncology patients. And those are just a few examples. Each unit offers an opportunity to earn acute care experience and advance your knowledge. Our higher patient ratio will also help you transition to a more fast-paced environment, learning skills you would not learn in a higher acuity department.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I like that this unit is broad enough to give me a wide variety of experience. I have had the opportunity to grow my skills in so many ways because I have exposure to many specialties within one unit.– Abigail B., Medicine Teaching RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job Summary$10K Sign-On Bonus
$10K Sign On Bonus
Collaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process. Provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
$10K Sign-On Bonus
$10K Sign On Bonus
Our General Surgical unit at Memorial Hermann Southwest (Magnet hospital) is expanding to 55 beds and looking for compassionate and collaborative RNs to join our team! Here are some reasons to apply:
• High level of teamwork and collaboration between Physicians and Nurses
• Free charge RN coverage 24/7
• Consistently high employee satisfaction/engagement survey results
• Experienced/certified nurses to assist with on-boarding/orientation
• Unit based committee opportunities and reward & recognition program
• Flexible scheduling options
• Admit/Discharge Nurse support
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- PACU Registered Nurse (FT/Varied) - Northeast Hospital Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering
- OR Support Tech - Operating Room, FT Nights Houston Texas Surgical Services