RN- Clinical Coordinator - TMC Neuro Acute, FT Nights
Memorial Hermann offers a variety of opportunities for Medical Surgical RNs across our system. These range from providing patient care for Neuro specific patients, to assisting Surgical Trauma patients, to providing Adult Elderly Acute Care, to helping Medical Oncology patients. And those are just a few examples. Each unit offers an opportunity to earn acute care experience and advance your knowledge. Our higher patient ratio will also help you transition to a more fast-paced environment, learning skills you would not learn in a higher acuity department.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I like that this unit is broad enough to give me a wide variety of experience. I have had the opportunity to grow my skills in so many ways because I have exposure to many specialties within one unit.– Abigail B., Medicine Teaching RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for serving as a clinical expert in the delivery and management of comprehensive patient care, utilizing research and evidence-based practice as necessary; for expertly caring for patients from multiple services/specialties, and for more complex diagnosis.
Education:Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills
- Three (3) years nursing experience in area of specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs all activities between the interdisciplinary team to direct and facilitate departmental throughput in order to attain positive outcomes.
- Coordinates with ancillary departments such as lab, radiology, registration, and bed board to ensure proper turn-around times.
- Makes daily assignments for all personnel according to the applicable skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Identifies and utilizes available resources to resolve problems; coordinates and collaborates with other clinical coordinators ensuring departmental staffing coverage
- Acts as a liaison, to departmental staff, medical personnel, patients and family members; assist in any patient care concerns, issues and complaints; conducts daily leadership rounding on assigned unit
- Utilizes critical thinking and sound clinical judgment and works autonomously to solve problems; escalates issues or notifies nursing leader/supervisor of significant occurrences, intervention, or delays, as appropriate
- Facilitates resolution to patient problems and concerns, ensuring appropriate service recovery.
- Acts as a mentor/coach to assigned staff and provides input into the annual performance review of those staff members
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile