RN, Abdominal Transplant Coordinator
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for performing initial assessment of transplant evaluation patients, assisting the patient for transplant and providing follow-up post transplant.
WE ARE SEEKING EXPERIENCED CRITICAL CARE RN'S WITH TWO OR MORE YEARS OF TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR EXPERIENCE; PREFER SOLID ICU EXPERIENCE AND TRANSPLANT CERTIFICATIONS. MUST HAVE BSN.
Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
Licenses/Certifications: Registered Nurse with a current State of Texas license to practice professional nursing
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
- Performs initial assessment of patients’ biophysical and psychosocial status and ensures appropriate actions are taken in relation to the nursing process (assessment, planning, education, intervention, and evaluation), noting all abnormal results and reviewing with transplant surgeon in a timely manner; documents the nursing process, including problem list, plan of care, and patient education.
- Provides appropriate pre/post-transplant interventions within limits of licensure and/or scope of practice; evaluates and collaborates with other healthcare providers to achieve outcomes; plans, coordinates and organizes the discharge plan with inpatient nursing staff to assure continuity of care.
- Directs and provides guidance to staff, case managers, and physicians, ensuring patient care delivery to established standards of practice.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- PACU Registered Nurse (FT/Varied) - Northeast Hospital Humble Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering
- OR Support Tech - Operating Room, FT Nights Houston Texas Surgical Services