Registered Nurse, Operations Administrator - Supplemental Nights
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis supplemental candidate will ideally work 3 - 4 Shifts per month.
Position is responsible for providing administrative support for all departments within the facility. Assumes authority and responsibility for hospital operations in the absence of hospital administration.
Education: Graduate of an accredited professional school of nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
Licenses/ Certifications: Current licensure through the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience, and three (3) years supervisory / managerial experience
- Professional or management certification preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides whole-house administrative problem-solving support for the hospital/facility in the absence of hospital administration.
- Interfaces with medical staff to promote adherence to bylaws, policy and procedure, as well as creating solutions and follow-up to physician's special requests and concerns.
- Collaborates with and acts in the absence of the department managers/directors to give leadership and support to the operations of the facility.
- Collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer in meeting the goals, objectives and mission of the Nursing Division.
- Directs and implements staffing procedures, patient classification, and supplemental staffing of nursing services.
- Initiates conflict resolution among hospital personnel, physicians, patients and/or visitors and refers these problems to the responsible director.
- Assumes responsibility as the hospital representative in dealing with patient transfers, the media and acquisition of equipment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center (For Internals Only) Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Medical Assistant - MHMG Firethorne Katy Texas Medical Assistants
- Sr Medical Tech - Lab Processing/Phlebotomy Houston Texas Laboratory Services