Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Regional Director, Outpatient Imaging
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for leading, directing, and supporting strategic initiatives for an assigned region of the Outpatient Imaging Division (OPID) in accordance with established system goals and benchmarks. The Director will work with key OPID executives as well as the Manager or Director at each of the OPID facilities assigned in a manner that ensures the delivery of the highest quality patient care; responsible for planning, implementing, reviewing and controlling performance improvement processes in accordance with clinical and budgetary goals. This position reports directly to the COO for OPID.
Education: Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related field; Masters highly preferred; In lieu of degree a minimum of four (4) years of operational management experience is required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 10 years of healthcare experience working in a clinical setting and five years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of staff
- Exceptional facilitation, consulting, management, business, and customer service skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Develops, monitors and directs regional OPID initiatives ensuring the highest quality care is delivered; directs clinical and non-clinical personnel.
- Reviews and approves new hires, establishes controls and standards for performance appraisals; identifies needs of each of the acute care facilities and provides for accordingly.
- Remains available, accessible and visible to senior management; recognizes achievements and accomplishments and provides ongoing feedback on performance.
- Analyzes and establishes business strategy, adhering to system and facility strategic goals; develops strategic business plans and performs operational analysis; stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the scope of services.
- Reviews facility policies, procedures, and systems; complies with all applicable regulatory requirements and standards; conducts appropriate promotional activities and participates in system marketing activities.
- Participates in overall regional and facility strategic planning initiatives while serving as the conduit between the facility leadership and the strategic planning and OPID leadership personnel to ensure continuity and execution.
- Interfaces with physicians, physician liaisons, and employees to promote business development.
- Interfaces with hospital CEO and COO on as needed basis.
- Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE’s meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Runs projects for the OPID COO; handles analysis on budgetary issues.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by ensuring that the requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency are met and that training needs of staff are supported and coordinated through the Education department; supports facility-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab