Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for responding to inquiries from subscribers, providers and the client.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; some college preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years Customer Service or Claims processing experience in a TPA or HMO environment
- Bilingual preferred
Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Efficiently and courteously responds to telephone inquiries from subscribers regarding benefit verification, claims issues, and eligibility.
- Interprets plan coverage for subscribers and providers to determine correct level of benefit coverage.
- Provides claim filing instructions when needed to subscribers and providers.
- Provides telephone assistance to subscribers and providers, and verifies eligibility as required.
- Promptly returns phone calls resulting from inquiries that require additional research.
- Efficiently enters data simultaneously while listening attentively.
- Provides a high degree of confidentiality/discretion and independent judgment.
- Keeps workstations stocked and organized at all times.
- Performs daily clerical duties, including sending faxes, making copies, and assisting in other areas.
- Efficiently makes requested changes (temporary address changes, ID card requests).
Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors, adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) – Hospice Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - LVN
- Sign-On Bonus $10K! RN - Ambulatory Care Center - Days Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Critical Care, Nursing - Transplant
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Driver Houston Texas Facilities, Environmental & Engineering