*SIGN ON BONUS* RCP, Days - Pulmonary Diagnostic & Interventional Pulmonology TMC
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for recommending and administering basic and advanced therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, including arterial blood gases, trauma care to patients with respiratory disorders, including patients in adult and neonatal critical care units. Functions as a resource to RCP I and RCP II’s. Participates and leads advanced patient education. Actively involved in departmental operations.
- Full Time, Day shift position (Monday - Friday, 9 to 10 hour shifts, 4 days/week)
- RCP, RRT required; Pulmonary Diagnostic experience, RPFT, CPFT preferred
- Holidays and weekends off with the exception of on call shifts
- Paid On Call shifts for 7 days every 5-7 weeks
Education:Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Incumbents hired prior to 2/18/2019 may be either RRT or Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT).
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License or Temporary Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Two (2) of the following are preferred: ACLS, PALS, NRP, CPFT, RPFT, RPSGT, Asthma Certified Educator, NRP Instructor, ACLS Instructor, PALS Instructor, or BLS Instructor.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RCP I <1 year
- RCP II = 1-3 years
- RCP III = 3-10 years
- RCP IV = 10+ years
- Two (2) years of critical care experience, preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- The position requires occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and squatting.
- The visual ability to monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical characteristics are essential to this position.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care” through compassion, courage, credibility, and commitment to community.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service, while promoting safety, cost efficiency and a commitment to quality care.
- Performs respiratory care procedures: administer medical gases, medication, and aerosols for therapeutic and diagnostic purposes and provide patient education.
- Follows written orders from physicians in administering drugs and medication to the cardiopulmonary system of patients, evaluate treatment provided and take appropriate action.
- Performs patient assessment and basic interpretation of arterial blood gases, pulmonary function testing and chest x-rays as indicated in Skills Check Off list.
- Provides expert respiratory advice and recommendations to physicians and other staff for population served.
- Communicates effectively with professional colleagues. Manages time effectively. Documents appropriately in the medical records and completes other documentation duties accurately and efficiently according to policies and procedures.
- Remains current in respiratory care through continuing education, participation in services, and review of journals. Assists in clinic education efforts for patients, staff, hospital, system and/or the community.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile