RCP Clinical Manager - Memorial City
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Manager, Respiratory Therapy I position is responsible for supervising department staff, providing leadership to inpatient respiratory services, and for ensuring positive physician/staff relations. Position oversees the day-to-day operations of the respiratory department and works to ensure clinical quality and patient satisfaction. It may involve participating in the marketing, planning, program development, and community outreach functions as determined by the department director.
Education: Bachelors degree in Respiratory Therapy or related healthcare field; in lieu of a Bachelors degree will accept an Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy with an educational plan to complete the Bachelors degree
- Current and unrestricted State of Texas Respiratory Care Practitioners license and Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification from the National Board for Respiratory Care, Inc (NBRC) required
- Current Basic Life Support or other certification based on respiratory unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in a hospital setting, in which at least two (2) of them are critical care experience, required
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive supervisory and/or management experience required
- Completion of management/leadership training programs as designated by the institution within first year of employment
- Excellent knowledge of TJC requirements relative to Respiratory Care as well as exceptional clinical skills
- Expertise in all areas of respiratory care service line management preferred
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, technical, management and both verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervisory operations of a respiratory care unit; to include hands-on patient care, planning for continuity of care for forecasting next shift’s needs, administrative call, personnel problem-solving, quality assurance and improvement.
- Formulates and ensures optimal patient outcomes and customer satisfaction through ongoing performance initiatives with multidisciplinary teams according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Participates in unit, hospital and/or system-based committees and performance improvement initiatives.
- Supervises and manages monthly financial, operational, and clinical services to ensure adequate staffing and scheduling; screens and selects staff, establishing appropriate level of compensation; addresses performance issues and takes corrective action as necessary; conducts performance reviews in a timely and effective manner.
- Establishes credibility with physicians, management team members, and outside business partners and customers.
- Adheres to participating in ongoing management/leadership training programs as designated by organization’s leadership.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU RN (Mon-Fri/6am-2:30pm) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Supp Call Center Rep-The Woodlands, Central Staffing The Woodlands Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Administrative / Support Services
- $10K Sign-On Bonus - PreOp/PACU Registered Nurse - (Mon-Fri/Varied Shift (days/evenings) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR