Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Quality Program Coord
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Quality Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and facilitating Memorial Hermann Medical Group's quality programs by running reports for all MHMG clinics to ensure compliance with the standards of the quality and patient safety programs and compliance with MHHS, CMS, and other regulatory standards. Training of clinical staff in the expeditious use of EMR and enhance the patient care experience.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Licenses/Certifications: Medical Assistant certification (AAMA or AMT) or current State of Texas license/permit to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) required; EMR experience preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) to three (3) years clinical experience to ensure knowledge base sufficient to train and support clinical requirements of quality programs
- Two (2) to three (3) years experience working in multi-physician or multispecialty practices
- Assists in enhancing patient workflow processes at the clinic level
- Demonstrates effective working relationship with physicians
- Ability to work collaboratively with health care professionals at all levels to achieve established goals and improve quality outcomes
- Demonstrates proficiency in word processing, development of spreadsheets and statistical analysis
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Works in conjunction with the Manager of Quality Programs and the Director of Healthcare Quality Improvement to develop, implement and review Memorial Hermann Medical Groups quality programs in each clinic.
- Provides ongoing data abstraction and analysis as a primary function
- Provides ongoing staff education on clinical workflows and compliance improvement including use of EMR.
- Provides quality compliance reports and support to MHMG Quality Team.
- Maintains current knowledge of Quality and Patient Safety Programs from MHHS, CMS, and other regulatory agencies’ standards/regulations. Instruct and direct staff on applicable regulatory standards to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates and helps develop and implement special projects as directed by MHMG Medical Director and/or Director of Healthcare Quality Improvement.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab