PRN RN, Hospice
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Registered Nurse II-Home Hospice, with the collaboration of physician and healthcare team, is responsible for planning, organizing and directing a care plan for home hospice patient care.
You recognize the name Memorial Hermann and know the reputation but did you know we have a Home Hospice team that is also making an impact in our community, home by home? Hospice nurses make a meaningful difference to their patient’s lives, which is really what nursing is all about. The role is incredibly varied with teaching, guiding, supporting and nurturing. It is as much about education as it is about caring and being an advocate for every patient. Are you ready to be part of our team and an even bigger Health System making an impact in the community? Our team’s focus is to alleviate physical, emotional and spiritual suffering so the patient and loved ones can focus on greater concerns.
Working with Memorial Hermann Home Hospice program allows you to:
*Use the latest technology for charting – HomeCare HomeBase program for EMR
*Receive individualized orientation and on-going training from a dedicated Education team
*Build meaningful patient-nurse relationships
*Follow your calling
PRN RN, Home Hospice
*PRN must be able to commit to 2 shifts per 2 weeks
*TX RN & BLS required
*1+ year RN experience required
*Hospice experience preferred
*Must have reliable car and car insurance
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
Licenses/Certifications: Current, unrestricted State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing required; Certified in Basic Life Support required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) or more years of nursing experience, preferably in a hospice or home health setting
- Ability to travel to patient homes and in-patient facilities as assigned
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers appropriate care to hospice patients in a home setting, at a competent level, according to the RN skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Assess hospice patients to identify the physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations.
- Coordinates the planning for delivery of nursing care with a multidisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care. Provide clinical directions to the Hospice CNA/LVN to ensure quality and continuity of service provided.
- Collaborates and directs healthcare team in attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence and professional standards of care. Meets treatment goals; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans; evaluates the quality of patient care and contributes to the revision of standards of care.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services