PRN Nurse Practitioner ICU - Nights
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for providing comprehensive patient care by systemic assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, and in-hospital follow up, affecting direct patient care through the disease process according to the Texas Nurse Practice Act and MHHS Standards of Care.
Education: Graduate of Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the State of Texas or Graduate of an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program approved by the State of Texas if area of intended practice is Trauma; Masters of Nursing preferred. Acute Care Nurse Practitioner with at least two (2) years’ experience in palliative care or hospice; or Family Nurse Practitioner with Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (ACHPN) certification, or post master’s certificate in Palliative Care required if area of intended practice is Palliative Care/Supportive Medicine.
- Current State of Texas license to practice professional nursing
- Certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center or National Certification Center in area of specialty or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners or the American Certification of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification
- Certified in Basic Life Support; current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Certified in ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) if area of practice is Trauma within 6 months of hire date
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical nursing experience in area of intended practice
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides assessment, triage, and therapeutic management of patient/family needs throughout the disease process as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team, according to the age/needs of the patient/population served; acts under the authority and supervision of the attending physician in accordance with regulations, hospital policy, protocols, guidelines and clinical pathways.
- Obtains medical histories; performs physical examinations; reviews/orders diagnostic tests and radiographic results; formulates and manages patient treatment plan and outcomes; provides interventions including, but not limited to, arterial line placement, central line placement (internal jugular or femoral lines), pulmonary artery catheter placement, lumbar puncture, intubations, chest tube removal, and thoracentesis; makes rounds with the interdisciplinary teams.
- Collaborates in the development and evaluation of patient care. Updates clinical guidelines/protocols/ pathways; works autonomously and accepts accountability for outcomes; signs orders in accordance with institution and state board requirements; collaborates in research and teaching projects and applies research to practice.
- Uses interpersonal and verbal communication skills to educate patient/family on care and resources; participates in process improvement and multidisciplinary clinical outcome improvement activities utilizing advanced nursing expertise.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile