PRN Medical Assistant-The Woodlands, Central Staffing
Houston, Texas; Katy, Texas; Humble, Texas; Spring, Texas
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for performing direct and indirect patient care as outlined in the Skills Inventory, under the direct or indirect supervision of a Physician.
**Must be available to work on weekdays
**Locations: The Woodlands
Education: Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited school; Clinical education and/or experience may be substituted for MA certificate
Licenses/Certifications: CPR certification current with 30 days of hire
A National Medical Assisting Certification (RMA, CMA, CCMA, NRCMA) preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year of clinical Medical Assisting experience is required
- Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting
- Required knowledge of OSHA and CLIA, HIPAA, general office tasks and filing systems
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs advanced direct and indirect patient care, under the direction of a physician, as specified in the skills inventory, in a competent manner, according to the needs/age of the patient/population served; assists in planning and implementing direct patient care; documents care provided in patient medical record in accordance with Practice policies/procedures.
- Assist with the collection of patient/family data per Practice protocol, including: biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, medications, allergies and environmental information (current and historical); collects and documents vital signs, height/weight and chief complaint; records gathered information timely and with accuracy.
- Provides general patient care; prepares patient for examination; assist provider with treatments/procedures; performs treatment/procedures; calls in prescriptions; takes patient phone calls and offers advice; triages appointments; and stocks rooms. All patient care is under the direction of a physician and within the scope of a medical assistant. All care is performed and documented in the medical record in accordance with Practice policy and procedure.
- Assists physicians in meeting patient/family learning needs; maintains communication with physicians and healthcare team members to ensure quality of care.
- Administers medication as directed using five rights.
- Processes and co-ordinates referrals and orders for outside tests as directed by a physician; reports results to patient as directed by physician.
- Collects specimens.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Ortho/OR Registered Nurse (FT/Days) - Memorial City Hospital Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg