Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for performing and evaluating overnight polysomnography.
Education: High School diploma or GED
- Certified by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologist (CPSGT – Certified Polysomnographic Technician) or recently Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
- Certified in Basic Life Support
Experience/ Knowledge/ Skills:
- Less than two (2) years of polysomnography experience
- The position requires occasional or frequent lifting up to 75-100 pounds and carrying of up to 30 pounds
- Demonstrate commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers appropriate patient care at a competent level and according to the age of the patient or patient population being served.
- Prepares for and conducts overnight testing procedures; reviews patient records, examines orders and protocols for study and recognizes chief sleep/wake complaints.
- Interviews patient to assess current medications, recent alcohol or caffeine ingestion, current sleeps pattern and need for treatment intervention during study.
- Monitors polysomnogram during patient examination, scores polysomnogram and prepares detailed summary of clinical events.
- Ensures the safety and welfare of patients, including pediatric and psychiatric patients with special needs. Performs complex procedures and special activities including multiple sleep latency tests and evaluation/testing of infant and pediatric patients.
- Adheres to established safety, sanitation, and equipment maintenance procedures. Schedules patients for studies, maintain accurate patient records and files.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile