Physician Liaison Greater Heights/Memorial City
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryDrives volumes throughout the organization, with key focus on service line and programmatic growth initiatives within all Memorial Hermann facilities, ancillaries, and outpatient clinics. Partners with key executives, administrators and physician leaders to build positive relationships with all physicians/providers, employer groups, and managed care payers. Must be a results-driven individual, and able to execute on growth strategies across the care continuum.
Job Title: Network Growth Liaison (Physician Liaison)
We have 2 opportunities available supporting Memorial City and Greater Heights Hospitals.
-Seeking candidate with strong ability to work independently who is well organized
-Non-traditional fluid work schedule/setting
-Mileage reimbursement and cellphone stipend provided
-Opportunity to partner with various levels of leadership and work with multiple campuses in the Memorial City/Greater Heights area
-Opportunity to earn quarterly bonus
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Marketing, Business, or Healthcare or four (4) years of experience in competitive sales, development or growth role.
Licenses/Certifications:Member of American College of Healthcare Executives(ACHE), Medical Group Management Association (MGMA), or clinical background preferred (CMA, LVN, physical therapists, etc.)
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) years of experience in aggressive healthcare or pharmaceutical sales.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “Advancing health. Personalizing care” through compassion, courage, credibility, and commitment to community.
- Manages and coordinates all growth activities locally and regionally, as assigned.
- Collaborates and cooperates with Network Performance Team (NPT) performance and process improvement initiatives. Responsible for broad communication and execution on strategic imperatives driven by/ with Service Line Business Development and Division executives (Care Delivery Sites (CDS), Ambulatory, MHMG, and Post-Acute care networks.
- Heavy focus on utilization and/or referral management activities, up to and including ensuring critical conversations are occurring and shared with the providers who need focus when mis-aligned with MH/MHMD/MHMG aligned initiatives. (Must meet compliance standards during discussions).
- Gathers and shares market area intel, up to and including maintaining geographic and market competitor SWOT’s and making recommendations on competitor awareness/threats.
- Prepares weekly/monthly/annual targets and analyzes service line and NPT budgets and projections.
- Tracks business courtesies and staying within Memorial Hermann compliance standards and guidelines, up to and including tracking daily expenditures and meeting expense report guidelines.
- Tracks and analyzes growth statistics based on key quantitative metrics and with focus on service line strategic imperatives.
- Handles and resolves physician/provider complaints regarding any service or issue, or able to hand off appropriately to appropriate manager.
- Able to cross train with the Practice Advisor support team to ensure Managed Care/ Quality Performance metrics are met for assigned physicians for improved quality care of our patients, and to ensure financial opportunity targets are met.
- Must be flexible and able to partner with all growth team and practice advisor members to ensure all volume objectives of Memorial Hermann are being met.
- Creates weekly target lists and executes strategies of success on budgeted volumes.
- Learns best practices and uses emerging technology and intelligence to improve our sales numbers. Sets appointments with providers, and tracks accordingly in Salesforce (or MH approved vendor) and follows up with providers on any/all outstanding issues.
- Creates positive and lasting relationships with any healthcare provider, vendors and/or suppliers that affects Memorial Hermann’s ability to take care of patients.
- Escalates issues to NPT, Service Line and csuite senior management weekly of key issues within their service lines, facilities, clinics or ancillaries that may be occurring with the Physicians on their medical staff, provide contracted services, and/or in their employee(s).
- Organizes physician to physician meetings to ensure strong alignment in the care continuum. Continues to participate in campus growth activities, and be an extension to Csuites on applicable growth activities.
- Helps improve MH brand awareness and keeps leaders and marketing informed of any competitive threats we may need to strategically plan around.
- Ensures the delivery of targets through individual recognition, performance review, people management and reward.
- Meets with physicians to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of the MH/MHMD/MHMG relationship with them.
- Maintains technical and professional knowledge by reviewing professional publications, participating in professional societies and establishing provider networks in Greater Houston area.
- Plans for the achievement of individual and divisional targets in alignment with the strategies and policies of the Memorial Hermann.
- Be able to establish and/or participate in sales (growth) objectives by projecting expected sales volume and forecasting and developing sales quotas for territories and the region.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- US Tech Katy Hospital Part Time RVT & RDMS (Sat & Sun days) Katy Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Patient Transporter PRN (Varied Shifts / All Shifts / Weekdays / Weekends). Katy. Katy Texas Inpatient Operations, PRN
- Supplemental US Tech RVT & RDMS Katy Hospital (varied shifts) Katy Texas Imaging / Diagnostic