Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Pharmacy Tech - PRN, Weekends
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: No
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the provision of pharmaceutical care by performing technical and clerical duties associated with the operation of the Pharmacy.
Education: Must be a minimum of 18 years of age, and possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Current Pharmacy Tech certification or Pharmacist Intern License required
- Sterile Products Certification through accredited program is required if incumbent compounds sterile products
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year hospital pharmacy experience is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Selects prescribed medications according to dosage and strength indicated on patient medication file or cart-fill list.
- Receives merchandise and places into inventory.
- Monitors assigned areas for out-of-stock or out-of-date inventory.
- Delivers medications to the patient care areas.
- Inspects and maintains emergency medication trays.
- Packages and labels unit dose oral liquids/tablets, and maintains pre-pack records.
- Collects and loads drugs into an automated drug dispensing system (PYXIS). Maintains inventory for non-automated patient care areas.
- Responds to requests for medications from nursing personnel and other departments.
- Follows processes to ensure all medications are compliant to technology safety checks.
- Prepares sterile products in an accurate and aseptic manner when appropriate.
- Attends to customers as a liaison and gathers a medication history if applicable.
- Properly manage pharmaceutical waste
- Credits patients for returned medications using the computer system, and returns the medication to inventory.
- If a registered intern: Under direct supervision of a pharmacist, contacts and confers with physicians concerning the appropriate drug, dose, dosing interval, drug allergy and drug-drug interactions.
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Social Worker Houston Texas Social Services, Nursing
- RN, PACU - M-Thurs 1PM – 11PM - The Woodlands (PACU, ICU, or ER Experience) The Woodlands Texas Nursing - Med/Surg, Nursing
- Medical Surgical RN - Sugar Land Sugar Land Texas Nursing - Med/Surg, Nursing