Pharmacy Tech, PRN, Nights
As part of Memorial Hermann Central Staffing, you’ll work the schedule that best suits your needs while enjoying maximum flexibility across all our locations. We’re the internal staffing pool for Memorial Hermann's network in Houston and operate on a six-week rotating schedule. This gives you the freedom to move fluidly between PRN, part-time and full-time employment while choosing your availability, shifts and locations. Compensation will be based on availability, experience and willingness to work multi-campus and specialty.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
Memorial Hermann Central Staffing has allowed me to raise my four daughters and care for my elderly parents as a single mother. The flexibility that I’ve had to build my own schedule over the last 18 years has been such a blessing to me and my family. I am so grateful for the career opportunities Central Staffing has provided for me.– Kim G., LVN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for assisting the Pharmacist in the provision of pharmaceutical care by performing technical and clerical duties associated with the operation of the Pharmacy.
PRN, 10:30 p.m. to 7 a.m. Every other weekend.
Pediatrics experience is highly desired.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
Education: High School Diploma orGED
- Current Pharmacy Tech certification or Pharmacist Intern License required
- Sterile Products Certification through accredited program is required if incumbent compounds sterile products
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year hospital pharmacy experience is preferred
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Selects prescribed medications according to dosage and strength indicated on patient medication file or cart-fill list.
- Receives merchandise and places into inventory.
- Monitors assigned areas for out-of-stock or out-of-date inventory.
- Delivers medications to the patient care areas.
- Inspects and maintains emergency medication trays.
- Packages and labels unit dose oral liquids/tablets, and maintains pre-pack records.
- Collects and loads drugs into an automated drug dispensing system (PYXIS). Maintains inventory for non-automated patient care areas.
- Responds to requests for medications from nursing personnel and other departments.
- Follows processes to ensure all medications are compliant to technology safety checks.
- Prepares sterile products in an accurate and aseptic manner when appropriate.
- Attends to customers as a liaison and gathers a medication history if applicable.
- Properly manage pharmaceutical waste
- Credits patients for returned medications using the computer system, and returns the medication to inventory.
- If a registered intern: Under direct supervision of a pharmacist, contacts and confers with physicians concerning the appropriate drug, dose, dosing interval, drug allergy and drug-drug interactions.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services