Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Pharmacy Regulatory Analyst- 340B
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for the day-to-day management of the 340B drug discount program for qualified covered entities, child sites, and contract pharmacies associated with the organization. Responsibilities include providing support and ensuring organizational compliance with 340B rules and regulations. A major component of the role will be to monitor compliance through daily and scheduled audits and review of replenishment medication orders. This role requires extensive detailed review of data and analysis to ensure compliance and optimize program value with 340B regulations, policies and procedures. This position also performs other compliance and auditing functions as assigned.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Licenses/Certifications: Registered pharmacy technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Five (5) years experience as buyer or pharmacy technician in a hospital pharmacy required with two (2) years experience in a specialized skillset preferred. 340B experience preferred
- Working knowledge of analytics; and knowledgeable regarding analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions (required)
- Experience and knowledge of IT, Business Analysis, Quality, and Project Management industry standards, best practices and frameworks such as IIBA, PMI, and Six Sigma is preferred
- Ability to solve problems, establish trust and credibility and deal effectively with change
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Perform audits on a scheduled basis to identify risk and prevent duplicate discounts and diversion; involve presenting and resolving reconciliation issues as they arise during the monitoring and reconciliation process to optimize the system and processes.
- Use provided tools to monitor prescription data, patient data, hospital data, payer data, site of care, and, if required, ICD-10 codes. Summarize and report results to the appropriate individuals.
- Ensure compliance with 340B program requirements for qualified patients, drugs, and locations and that facilities maintain adherence to 340B program regulations and guidelines. Serves as a point of contact for auditing across 340B contract pharmacy and hospital (mixed-use) settings.
- Maintains documentation of all auditing and monitoring activities and the resolution of any discrepancies and issues. Evaluate and ensure integrity of reports.
- Monitor, report, and analyze contract pharmacy 340B activities; provide financial reports to hospitals or other covered entities relative to financial impact and liabilities; make recommendations that would improve efficiency.
- Review and refine monthly 340B cost savings reports detailing purchasing and replacement practices, as well as dispensing patterns. Assess opportunities for cost savings and system improvements to yield higher compliance.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the 340B program. Keeps abreast of federal and state 340B program changes and seeks out ongoing learning development opportunities offered through HRSA, Apexus, 340B Health or other entities. Provide education to staff on policies and procedures related to inventory management and 340B procedures.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the split-billing system and the functions to be performed. Educate others involved in the purchasing process to ensure proper operation and compliance.
- Works with pharmacy buyers, pharmacy informatics, pharmacy administration, information services, and third-party administrators to facilitate productive exchanges of information to improve program efficiency, resolve discrepancies and issues, and promote program compliance. Notifies pharmacy administration of all unresolved/open discrepancies.
- Supports and contributes to ongoing measurement and improvement of pharmacy operations
Assists with quality improvement activities using relevant accreditation standards.
Facilitates medication safety improvement projects
Participates in audits and tracers.
- Complies with HIPAA/HITECH Regulations.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab