Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Pharmacist, PRN, Southeast
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: No
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe supplemental pharmacist will be responsible for covering 3 shifts in a 6 week period.
Must be available to cover holidays, at least 2 holidays in a fiscal year.
Position is responsible for filling and labeling prescriptions, providing drug-related information to patients, hospital employees and medical staff, and supervising the activities of pharmacy technical support staff.
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy.
Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas. Pharmacy Sterile Product certification through an in-house program or other accredited program is required.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Fills and labels prescriptions, and provides drug-related information and education for in-patients, out-patients, hospital employees and medical staff.
- Dispenses controlled substances and maintains appropriate inventory records.
- Supervises the activities of the pharmacy technical staff and Mentors or trains pharmacy students or residents.
- Participates in the Medication Use Evaluation Program and the Process Improvement Program.
- Maintains medication profiles and reviews for drug related problems.
- Maintains the scheduling and preparation of I.V. solutions and additives.
- Adheres to state and federal laws governing the practice of pharmacy, as well as to hospital and departmental policies and procedures, and maintains records as required.
- Initiates reports of medication errors or adverse drug interactions.
- Assists with inventory control, obtains out-of-stock items when needed.
- Performs clinical interventions, which may include medication profile review, IV to oral conversion, renal dosing adjustment, antimicrobial streamlining, patient counseling, obtaining medication histories, vancomycin/aminoglycoside dosing, therapeutic drug monitoring, and participation in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Documents clinical interventions
- Ensures safe care to patients, adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile