Payroll System Analyst
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Detail Oriented
It is so exciting to work for a company that truly sticks to their vision and values in terms of how we deliver patient care every day. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the lives of those in our communities, and that is what excites me the most.– Julie B., PBS Manager
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryResponsible for maintaining and administering the Lawson payroll system and supporting the time collection system in a backup capacity as it pertains to day to day payroll operations.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
The Payroll System Analyst will be responsible for Lawson integration, setting up pay codes, system testing and reviewing, validating and processing garnishments.
Desired Skill Sets:
- Must have Payroll experience to be considered
- Experience working with Lawson
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (Pivot Tables, V Lookup)
- Experience working with garnishments
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent specialized training required
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Four (4) years of direct experience with Payroll and Payroll Operation
- Solid technical background, preferred
- Proven problem solving, analytical skills and project management experience
- Proficiency with automated time and attendance system required
- Possess knowledge of PC hardware, operating systems, MS Office, database systems and network technology
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Prepares quarterly employment tax returns and year-end tax forms.
- Provides backup support and maintenance on new or existing Payroll and Time & Attendance system applications, including but not limited to, managing system security, installing upgrades/enhancements, functional and integration testing, and applicable maintenance.
- Assists with the development of new pay rules, pay codes and special codes in the time collection system on an as needed basis.
- Supports and maintains the Dovetail Payroll case management system regarding case type updates, solution updates, functional testing and report writing for the Payroll Department.
- Analyzes and evaluates current systems and procedures, both manual and automated, often with little or no previous experience with the application or process and recommends system design, work flow or modifications to optimize Human Resource and Payroll systems and processes.
- With minimal guidance reviews, analyzes documents and reports on current business and system statistical data and provides detailed analysis.
- Presents and justifies proposals for system modifications, enhancements and new technology solutions in coordination with ISD.
- Develops and maintains system reports for internal and external customers.
- Maintains current documentation and procedures for the Lawson Payroll system applications and Payroll processes.
- With minimal guidance, defines boundaries, sets priorities, plans and manages multiple projects.
- With some guidance, develops detailed project schedules for all assigned projects, mapping dates and resources to tasks.
- Monitors progress and resolve approved deviations from the plan.
- Makes recommendations on system and procedures in accordance with project scope and agreed upon requirements.
- Backup assistance with system analysis on problems or issues related to automated Time & Attendance and Payroll administration.
- Backup liaison with Information Management on the operation of automated API and Lawson Payroll systems.
- Works with regional users to maintain tables, matrixes, and interfaces to, and from, time collection and Lawson Payroll systems.
- Creates or designs specifications for reports and other output from Lawson Payroll systems for Human Resources purposes as required.
- Provides human resources support to systems acquisitions relating to automated human resources and Payroll systems as required.
- Demonstrates strong customer service, communications and human relations skills.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile