Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the outreach and education of Memorial Hermann services and/or programs to potential patients and providers in the outpatient setting. The Coordinator collaborates with the local teams in the development and implementation of service/program marketing plans to increase awareness of the programs focusing on current and potential referring providers and the community to increase market share. This position supports quality, efficient and cost effective patient care by building physician relationships and collaboration with hospital staff, allied departments, clinic staff and community referral agencies through the service/program’s continuum of care.
Education:Bachelors degree, preferably in marketing, business, health care, public relations, journalism, social work, nursing or related field; 10 years experience or five (5) years experience and an Associates degree required in lieu of a Bachelors degree
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of experience involving physician relationships, social work, or sales
- Ability to balance competing priorities and work under pressure
- Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, publishing and presentation software
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides education about programs and services to referring providers and the community.
- Provides input in the creation and implementation of outreach strategies.
- Researches, analyzes and monitors local markets to identify potential new business or improve current opportunities.
- Provides communication with referring physicians to ensure satisfaction measures necessary to improve/maintain referral patterns.
- Designs and develops programs and advertising.
- Responds to external inquiries from multiple sources about the service/program.
- Acts as a liaison with external organizations to provide information to encourage referral relationships via seeking opportunities for CME based educational activities delivered to the community by the clinical teams and informal direct contacts with referring physicians.
- Collaborates and maintains effective relationships with members of the Memorial Hermann Health community, Marketing and Public Affairs Departments to develop relationships, respond to requests and promote interest in covering service/program related issues to promote patient and provider education.
- Coordinates community outreach projects to promote the Memorial Hermann service/program.
- Works with leadership to develop educational materials for print and electronic media to promote access to the Memorial Hermann service/program.
- Provides information and education in the outpatient setting to promote early referral of any potential patients.
- Designs internal and external communication pieces to include flyers, brochures forms and coordinates necessary approval from transplant and hospital leadership, Public Affairs, Legal and other entities per Memorial Hermann policy.
- Promotes program/service growth through arranging and active regularly scheduled visits to service area physician offices and clinical units.
- Prepares reports to document and communicates activities to leadership.
- Stays current with program/service regulations and adheres to STARK and IRS regulations in accordance with Memorial Hermann policies.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab