OR Support Tech - Operating Room, FT Nights
The Surgical Services team at Memorial Hermann has built a reputation for caring and expertise for everything from general and trauma surgery to complex surgeries of the brain, spine, heart, colon and beyond. Our surgical teams practice the highest standards of safe, evidence-based, quality care to provide a personalized outcome-oriented experience across all of our surgical specialties. This means our patients benefit from a team of experienced healthcare professionals supported by state-of-the-art technology.
Take your career to the next level, join our body of experts and help lead our complex surgical programs into the future.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good listener
I’m motivated by the challenge to solve complex problems for my patients and improve processes for the teams I partner with. Being part of a team that is constantly evolving processes to provide the best care possible is empowering and exciting. We work hard and we support each other to put our patients first.– Janette C., Pediatric OR RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition is responsible for preparing patients and the environment prior to surgery for the medical and nurse team. Position is also responsible for coordinating and maintaining a variety of non-clinical and ancillary services of assigned department in support of patient care services to maintain efficiency and quality of unit operations.
*OR Support Tech - Operating Room, Monday - Thursday 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
*Full time; 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
*Must have three (3) years of experience in a health care setting; preferably in an Operating Room.
*Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
*Will be responsible for maintenance of the Operating Room (OR) and assisting nurses with basic OR functions.
*This position is located at The Texas Medical Center Hospital.
Education: High School Diploma orGED
Licenses/Certifications: Basic Life Support/CPR required; CST preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of three (3) years in a health care setting; in an Operating Room preferred,
- Ability to perform duties requiring standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds,
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; Demonstrated ability and willingness to take initiative,
- Strong organizational ability; ability to be clearly understood through verbal communication in face-to face encounters and by telephone; ability to assimilate information verbally and in writing in order to compose written correspondence; strong command of English language; working knowledge of medical terminology; strong customer service management skills.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures, including a working knowledge of basic medical terminology and computer software skills.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental Enteral Technician- Medical Center Houston Texas Allied Health, Dietary Services
- PRN Visitor Screener-Alvin Texas, Central Staffing Alvin Texas Central Staffing, PRN, Nursing Support
- CT Tech Cypress (part time varied schedule) Cypress Texas Imaging / Diagnostic