Nurse Fellowship Program – Red Duke Trauma Institute, Medicine Services, and Emergency Department Services at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center
As a nurse, you’ll find a collaborative environment, and you’ll have the tools you need to rise to any challenge and an entire network of support. Here, you’ll find a range of nursing opportunities that stretch across specialties and locations along with support, training and the kind of growth opportunities you’d expect from a national leader in health care.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Quick Thinker
If I had to describe the work environment in one word, it would be “team-focused.” I have seen my unit come together during the most challenging times and I experienced the difference a unified team approach can make in patient care. My colleagues inspire me.– Ingry U., Critical Care RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryAt Memorial Hermann Health System, nursing is not just a job. It is a career with innovative opportunities to grow and advance. The Red Duke Trauma Institute, and Medicine departments are proud to offer a new comprehensive, multidisciplinary nurse fellowship program for our Medicine, and Trauma services.
We are dedicated to empowering our nurses to establish long-term careers, and advance within the system. Fellowship participants receive training in the classroom, online, through scenario-based learning and hands-on application to prepare for the road ahead. In our program, you will learn the skills needed to transfer to higher-acuity care units at an accelerated pace.
Let us help you take the next step.
The Fellowship Program will prepare you for the fast-paced environment of a large academic medical center hospital while bridging the gap between acuity levels. We are committed to equipping nurses with the knowledge, experience and confidence necessary to be successful in their career at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center. The Red Duke Trauma Institute and Medicine Departments Fellowship Program will benefit:
• Experienced intermediate care, intensive care nurses looking to move to an academic medical center.
• Experienced Nurses looking to work in a new specialty
• Experienced Nurses seeking to work in a higher acuity area or new specialty, such as:
• Acute Care transitioning to IMU
• IMU transitioning to ICU
We know you have choices. Join a health system that cares about your personal growth and advancement. At Memorial Hermann, we want you to succeed and we provide opportunities to make that happen. Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Positions for the Texas Medical Center (TMC) Nurse Fellowship Program are available in the following areas:
Shock Trauma ICU (STICU): Busiest and most acute and intense ICU in the city, handling well over 2,500 trauma admits annually, with a varied patient population that involves vented, unresponsive, traumatic brain injury, comatose and polytrauma patients.
Surgical IMU (SIMU): Mixed acuity patient population, handling intermediate care trauma/surgical patients, including orthopedics, spine, trauma and neurosurgery.
Burn ICU: The John S. Dunn Burn Center prides itself on being the only verified comprehensive burn center in Houston. The burn team manages a range in severity and types of burns, from 1% chemical burns to 99% flame burns, and provides critical care, acute care and rehabilitation.
Medical ICU (MICU): Highest acuity medicine patients in Houston with a primary patient population that involves complex pulmonary issues, in addition to high level sepsis and end stage renal disease.
Medical IMU (MIMU): Mixed acuity patient patient population, handling both intermediate care medicine patients, as well as respiratory ICU and complicated post-surgical ENT patients.
Emergency Department (ED): Level I Trauma Center, handling adults and pediatric patients who require treatment of a wide array of illnesses and injuries that require immediate medical attention.
For more information regarding the Red Duke Trauma center and to learn about the nursing specialties we offer, please click the link: https://www.memorialhermann.org/services/specialties/trauma
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care.
- Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; may serve as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Registered Nurse, ER, Nights, Greater Heights Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Emergency
- Registered Nurse - Non Invasive Cardiology, Part Time Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Med/Surg
- Cardiovascular Tech, Days Cypress Texas Cardiovascular Services