Network Ops Engineer
As part of the Information Service Division (ISD), you’ll help process and store information throughout the Memorial Hermann Health System. This includes providing support, planning and development services as well as delivering and supporting secure systems in our more than 300 care delivery sites across Greater Houston. You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the continued health and well-being of our system’s entire technology infrastructure.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Technologically savvy
Memorial Hermann being named one of the ‘Most Wired Healthcare Organizations’ for numerous years is proof that we value technology and advancing patient care through smarter, faster systems.- Jason W., Lead Applications Programmer/Analyst
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe NOC personnel use various software based troubleshooting tools to perform initial problem determination, evaluation and resolution for ISD Technical Operations. After initial trouble evaluation is performed and the problem cannot be rectified, the trouble is escalated to the appropriate engineering team for problem resolution.
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year working in IT customer service setting, preferably in healthcare
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to handle high stress situations
- Shift work required
- Increasingly responsible experience with technical skills in a large, complex corporate Information System
- Working knowledge of mainframe, minicomputer, microcomputer, networking and telecommunications strategies, environments, equipment, operating systems, development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Monitors, installs, tests, debug, customize and tunes medium impact operating system and utility packages with some guidance.
- Completes projects according to established schedules and timeframes.
- Follows technical and documentation standards.
- Provides assistance to Applications and Operations staff in technical problem solving.
- Provides technical education classes for Operations and Applications staff.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile