Network Care Team
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Physician Clinical Support Specialist will be responsible for the training and education support of multiple EMR systems, including eClinicalWorks and GE Centricity, for MHMD Physician Network.
This role will be responsible for providing EMR expertise will include how to correctly input clinical information, how to effectively use templates and quick pHuman Resourcesases, structure an office note to facilitate CPT, CPT2 and diagnosis coding, utilize best practices to save physician time, and demonstrating how physicians can obtain needed information from the EMR. In addition, it will provide expert consulting to report data or build new functionality to MHMD departments who look to the EMR to provide quality or financial data. It will be responsible assessing clinical updates to EMRs and deploying the functionality for clinical users. Typically reports to the Chief Medical Officer of Care Management in the MHMD business.
Education: Bachelors Degree in healthcare related field required; or in lieu of degree minimum of five (5) years of extensive clinical healthcare experience required in clinical staff or healthcare technology
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) or more years of strong Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system experience, with preference for GE Centricity or eClinicalWorks
- Three (3) years or more of Quality Incentive/Pay for Performance program experience required
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design and delivery
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- High level of understanding of quality metrics reporting, CPT coding and diagnosis coding
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring One Memorial Hermann.
- Develops standard protocols on EMR documentation to maximize extraction of data elements.
- Designs teaching aids to increase physician and staff learning on optimal use of EMR, including video, web conference, in-person, and group participation options.
- Conducts training sessions for physicians and staff members. Sessions may include one-on-one sessions with physicians, practice wide staff sessions, groups of physicians, video conference sessions or other means of learning.
- Acts as EMR expert for responding to questions and queries from other Memorial Hermann staff members about EMR operability or data availability.
- Consults with Health Informatics personnel to coordinate data extraction from EMR and placement and format of data elements.
- Provides direction to EMR installation teams on set up of clinical templates, ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes within patient assessment and other areas where clinical users interface with the EMR.
- Provides direction to EMR billing and scheduling teams on optimal use of templates and shortcuts.
- Implements and monitors annual CPT2 quality reporting requirements for implementation within EMR, design protocols for implementation, and train users on new functionality or requirements.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile