Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Neonatal and Pediatric Dietitian - Part Time
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryPosition responsible for collaborating with the physician and healthcare team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process to facilitate the delivery of patient care.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Food & Nutrition or related area required
- A graduate of a Didactic Program in Dietetics or Coordinated Program, in which the individual receives a Verification Statement and qualified to take the Registration Examination for Dietitians
- The incumbent has 6 months upon hire to become credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and licensed by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TDLR
- CPR Certification (Heart Saver only) from either American Red Cross or American Heart Association or obtained within 6 months of hire
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Zero (0) to six (6) months of clinical nutrition experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must have the ability to interact positively with many types of people
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
Effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Interprets and formulates a complete, comprehensive nutrition care plan for patient with physician’s referral or registered nurse screening referral based on evaluation findings in order to obtain nutrition related goals set forth by clinician.
- Collaborates with the multi-disciplinary medical team by acting as an integral asset by aiding in the establishment of nutrition related goal by developing individualized nutrition care plans with ongoing evaluation of nutrition status.
- Oversees medical nutrition therapy to patients and clients appropriate for their age. Modifies nutrition regimens according to food preferences, tolerances, and cultural and religious preferences.
- Documents nutrition care plans in the medical record, including nutrition assessment, monitoring parameters, goals and recommendations.
- Outlines nutrition education to patients and/or families that is appropriate for age, religious beliefs, and cultural background.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab