MRI Technologist TMC (nights)
Welcome to Memorial Hermann where each of our more than 27,000 employees and 6,700 affiliated physicians share a commitment to helping one another, our patients and our communities. Here, you’ll work alongside the best professionals in the business with the goal of providing the best care possible. We offer an employment experience like no other, and we’ve proudly served this community for more than 110 years. At Memorial Hermann, the health of our community is always at the center of what we do.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
You have to love what you do. Coming to work each day knowing that you’re going to make a difference in someone’s life through even the smallest act is what keeps me coming back.– Amanda J., Patient Care Technician
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis position performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) procedures to create three dimensional images of tissue, organs and other body parts that are used by radiologists to detect abnormalities, make diagnoses and treat patients.
Position is eligible for a $5000 Sign On Bonus
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support, required
- One (1) of the following combinations required:
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), and Registered MRI Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-MR) or
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT)and Registered Radiological Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R) and Registered MRI Technologist by the American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT)
- As of July 2017, technologists that are not licensed by the Texas Medical Board (TMB) will not meet the minimum qualifications for this job description
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs MRI procedures on patients: Prepares patients for MRI exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the MRI scanner, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the scan
- Enters and monitors patient data
- Performs quality assurance on magnetic resonance equipment and matrix camera. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- $10K SIGN-ON BONUS! RN - Labor & Delivery 7PM-7AM Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - Labor & Delivery
- OR Coordinator - OR Scheduling Call Center Houston Texas Surgical Services
- Registered Nurse - Orthopedic, OR - Full Time Days Houston Texas Nursing, Nursing - OR