Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Mgr, Faculty CPE Resident
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryJob Profile Summary
Position serves as a member of the faculty of the ACPE Chaplain Residency in the accredited Clinical Pastoral Education Residency at Memorial Hermann–TMC/Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital. As faculty and manager the position will teach and manage educational programs that encourage the healing environment wherever the Chaplain Interns and Chaplain Residents serve. The incumbent has responsibility for providing spiritual, religious and emotional care to patients, their families, and the hospital staff through the Chaplain residents and interns and as a chaplain in the hospital.
Education: Master of Divinity degree or equivalent academic credit as determined by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE); Master of Theology or Doctorate preferred beyond Master of Divinity
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of experience in Chaplaincy Services
- A one (1) year residency in ACPE (minimum 4 units)
- A two (2) to four (4) year residency in Supervisory Education with the ACPE
- Theological competency, expertise in the art and science of spiritual/pastoral care and developed skills for working with behavioral sciences
- Ability to minister in an ecumenical setting
- ACPE Certified Supervisor or Certified Associate Supervisor
- Endorsement by faith group for hospital ministry
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- As faculty member collaborates in the design, implementation, and supervision of educational programs in the accredited Clinical Pastoral Education Residency at Memorial Hermann –TMC/Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Memorial Hermann Southwest Hospital through which pastoral care is accomplished. Participates in recruiting, orientation, supervision and evaluation of residents and interns in programs of ACPE.
- Manages, develops and participates in services that ensure the provision of spiritual/religious care to patients, families, and hospital/medical staff at Southwest and MH-TMC through the CPE Residency.
- Manages, develops and conducts services which address the worship/sacramental needs of patients, families and hospital/medical staff.
- Functions as an effective team manager, attends directors and managers meetings as requested at MHSW or MHTMC/Children’s and utilizes people and resources to create a healing environment that achieves outcomes which accomplish the hospitals’ mission of spiritual care.
- Facilitates departmental chaplaincy meetings and patient report as needed for the exchange of information and for developing/monitoring plans and procedures for the delivery of pastoral and spiritual care through the CPE Residency.
- Oversees, in coordination with the director, participation on hospital committees, teams and task forces as assigned.
- Designs, conducts and participates in educational activities for medical/hospital staff, ministry volunteers, area ministers and the public in the areas of spiritual/pastoral care and clinical ethics and maintains relationships with community congregations and clergy to facilitate ministry to hospital patients.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile