Med Surg RN, Multiple Areas, Multiple Locations
Houston, Texas; Cypress, Texas; Katy, Texas; Humble, Texas; Pearland, Texas; Sugar Land, Texas; The Woodlands, Texas
Memorial Hermann offers a variety of opportunities for Medical Surgical RNs across our system. These range from providing patient care for Neuro specific patients, to assisting Surgical Trauma patients, to providing Adult Elderly Acute Care, to helping Medical Oncology patients. And those are just a few examples. Each unit offers an opportunity to earn acute care experience and advance your knowledge. Our higher patient ratio will also help you transition to a more fast-paced environment, learning skills you would not learn in a higher acuity department.
What makes someone successful at Memorial Hermann?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
I like that this unit is broad enough to give me a wide variety of experience. I have had the opportunity to grow my skills in so many ways because I have exposure to many specialties within one unit.– Abigail B., Medicine Teaching RN
Paid time off
Student Loan Repayment
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryCollaborates with interdisciplinary team in the delivery of patient care, utilizing the nursing process; provides professional nursing care to patients, including conducting nursing assessments, assisting with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records. MHHS hires RNs based on years of experience groupings (i.e. newly licensed RN [working under the supervision of RN clinical preceptor], less than 1 year, 1-3 years, 3 to 10 and 10+).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR OUR MED SURG UNITS LISTED BELOW:
BSN (due to Magnet status); ADN may be considered if currently enrolled in BSN program
at least one year recent acute care experience
Greater Heights General Surgical Oncology/Trauma
Memorial Hermann Greater Heights is a Magnet facility with:
260 beds; 40 Private Beds; 1:4-5 Patient Ratio
Fast paced unit, team work-oriented culture, leadership support
6 North (6N) is a General Med Surg/Tele Unit.The unit consists of 38 beds, both private and semi-private rooms. 6N provides acute care to general med surg patients, with diagnoses consisting of diabetes, diabetic associated ulcers, hypertension, COPD, pneumonia, sepsis pancreatitis, end-stage renal disease, ETOH withdrawal, cancer and other general med surg diagnosis. Our patients requiring cardiac monitoring are remotely monitored via a Central Telemetry Unit. The patient population ranges from early adult to geriatric and 6N has a high-acuity patient population with complex co-morbidities. The nurse to patient ratio is 1:5, with a vast amount of support resources.
Greater Heights- Med/Surg Neuro
5 North (5N) is a Med Surg-Neuro Unit. The Unit consists of 25 beds, all private rooms. 5N provides acute care to all stroke, seizures, chest pain, CHF, end-stage renal disease and ETOH withdrawal. 5N also has remote telemetry monitoring capabilities that can accommodate patients requiring cardiac monitoring. Our patient population is high-acuity with complex co-morbidities. The nurse to patient ratio is 1:4-5, with a vast amount of support resources
Norheast 4 West- Med/Surg/Neuo/Tele
4 West is where your nursing journey begins… We are a 30-bed neuro telemetry unit. 4 West is a high acuity, fast-paced unit with complex neurology patients. We focus on building a strong foundation for your nursing career. Together, we will develop your critical thinking, time management, and assessment skills. Are you ready to be challenged? Welcome to 4 West.
Norheast 2 South – Multi-Specialty Tele
If you are looking to help create a team from the ground up and shape a unit's unique lasting culture, personality, and experience Memorial Hermann Northeast is opening a BRAND NEW 20 bed Multi-Specialty Telemetry Unit with a variety of patient population to include medical-surgical, cardiac, and neurology patients.
Memorial City- Neuro Acute
6 East is a growing 20 bed Neuro Acute unit with team of 24 nurses, 4:1 patient ratio, and additional PCA support for every shift. We are dedicated to Neuro patients, Stroke patients, executing Neurological Assessments every 4 hours.
TMC- Neuro Acute
5 Jones is a 56 bed Neuro Acute unit situated within the Level 1 Trauma Center at Texas Medical Center. We have a robust team of 60+ nurses, 1:4-5 nurse to patient ratios, with access to advanced monitoring technology for complex neurology patients. This is a fast paced unit with high acuity patients. We have a culture if teamwork and compassionate care.
Southwest General Surgical
General Surgical unit Our General Surgical unit at Memorial Hermann Southwest (Magnet hospital) is expanding to 44 beds and looking for compassionate and collaborative RNs to join our team! Here are some reasons to apply:
- High level of teamwork and collaboration between Physicians and Nurses
- Free charge RN coverage 24/7
- Experienced/certified nurses to assist with on-boarding/orientation
- Unit based committee opportunities and reward & recognition program
- Flexible scheduling options
- Admit/Discharge Nurse support
Sugar Land General Surgical
While quality and safety are the core values at Memorial Hermann Sugar Land, it is the Family Caring for Family environment that distinguishes itself from others. Come and be a part of this top notch facility!
- 30 bed General Surgical unit
- Free Charge RN and 3 PCAs on each shift
- Unit Secretary availability 7 days a week
- Ortho Nurse Navigator
- 5:1 ratio on days and nights (Discharge RN available on days)
- Not a self draw unit, phlebotomists available
- 24/7 Hospitalists available
- Bariatric Navigator
*Acute care Med/Surg experience preferred especially with post surgical Colorectal, Urology and Ortho patient population
Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Medical Center is located in the heart of a rapidly growing, nationally recognized master-planned community with award-winning schools and every amenity close at hand. Our nursing community is as wonderful as the community of which we are a part, offering opportunities to function at the highest levels of professional nursing.
We are embracing the Institute for Healthcare Improvement's Transforming Care at the Bedside (TCAB), which engages and supports our front line caregivers in identifying and implementing change that will improve care and empower our bedside caregivers to provide the best care possible. We implemented this model of care in 2007 and have seen our staff engaged in creating innovations that have improved our patient, physician and staff satisfaction. Our culture promotes learning, evidence-based practice and recognition of excellence at all levels.
We welcome you to explore employment opportunities and become a part of our wonderful team!
The Woodlands Med/Surg PCU3
The Woodlands is a Level II Trauma Center & Magnet facility with 397 open & used beds. This Med/Surg unit has 36 beds with a 1:4-6 nurse to patient ratio.
The Woodlands Med/Surg PCU5
The Woodlands is a Level II Trauma Center & Magnet facility with 397 open & used beds. This Med/Surg unit has 34 beds with a 1:4-6 nurse to patient ratio.
The Woodlands Surgical Ortho Unit
The Woodlands is a Level II Trauma Center & Magnet facility with 397 open & used beds. This Surgical Ortho unit has 36 beds with a 1:4-6 nurse to patient ratio. Nurses will also train and float to our Joint Center as needed.
The Woodlands Neurospine Med/Surg
The Woodlands is a Level II Trauma Center & Magnet facility with 397 open & used beds. This Neurospine Med-Surg unit has 24 beds with a 1:4-5 nurse to patient ratio.
RN Profile Minimum Qualifications
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Bachelors of Nursing preferred
- Current State of Texas license or temporary/compact license to practice professional nursing
- Certified in Basic Life Support
- Additional certifications may be required based on discipline and/or nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- RN I <1 year
- RN II = 1-3 years
- RN III = 3-10 years
- RN IV = 10+ years
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Delivers safe and appropriate care to patients, according to the nursing skills inventory and the age and needs of the patient/population served.
- Coordinates the planning for the delivery of nursing care with an interdisciplinary team and administers appropriate clinical decisions in the delivery of patient care.
- Collaborates with, directs, and may delegate to the healthcare team in the attainment of positive outcomes based on data, research, evidence, and professional standards of care. Coordinates treatment plans; develops/implements discharge and/or transfer plans.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement and desired client-centered outcomes.
- Considers the diverse needs of each patient through the entire continuum of care, providing and ensuring the highest level of service according to established service standards, optimizing the patient experience.
- Adheres to all regulatory and Texas Board of Nursing standards.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff, and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity, and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it mean to truly connect with a patient? You’ll find out as part of the Memorial Hermann Health System. Here, you’ll have the unique opportunity to utilize the latest technical advances in medicine while also benefiting from our insights into the human aspects of care. You’ll serve each patient as an individual, and you’ll help develop their own personalized plan of care.
Every day, you’ll be empowered to do what’s best for them while also advancing your own skills. If you want to explore a change in your career, we encourage it. In fact, we celebrate it. Your mentors will guide your growth, your co-workers will encourage your success and your career will be built the way you want. We invite you to follow your dreams and lead with compassionate care.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- Supplemental US Tech (RVT) Katy Outpatient Imaging (Varied shifts) Katy Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Special Procedures Cath Lab Tech (IR,OR,Neuro) Experience Preferred Houston Texas Imaging / Diagnostic
- Phlebotomist, Early Mornings, 7 On 7 Off Houston Texas Laboratory Services