Memorial Hermann is where you belong.
Manager, Major Gifts
At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThe Manager, Major Gifts represents the Memorial Hermann Foundation across the organization and in the community. The Manager, Major Gifts is responsible for executing major gifts fundraising programs for Memorial Hermann Foundation to achieve annual fundraising goal. S/he provides leadership and direction, works collaboratively with Foundation and System staff and physicians to advance philanthrophic support for the Memorial Hermann Foundation. The Manager, Major Gifts manages a portfolio of mid-level and major donors and prospects. This individual must have the ability to persuade and motivate others, manage multiple relationships and priorities and to interact with high-profile donors, senior management, Board members, physicians and volunteers.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Licenses/Certifications: None Required, CRFE a plus
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 3+ years of professional experience in development or a related field. Health care and/or non-for-profit arena a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills to interact with senior management, board members and other high level volunteers, donors, physicians and prospects.
- Demonstrates ability in thinking strategically to acquire, engage, upgrade, and steward donors.
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining relationships with donors, staff, partners and physicians.
- Goal oriented, problem solver with excellent organizational skills to execute multiple priorities.
- Ability to persuade and motivate others.
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders and to adapt to changing needs and conditions.
- High degree of professionalism, collegiality, maturity and diplomacy required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge is a plus.
- Responsible for annual fundraising goals as specified in performance standards.
- Communicates directly with donors, prospects and their advisers. Represents the Foundation in the professional and philanthropic community.
- Working with close supervision, implements strategies for specialized campaign plans (e.g. capital campaigns) and manages fundraising projects and initiatives. Coordinates materials and functions as required.
- Qualifies and manages a portfolio of high-capacity corporate, foundation and individual donors. Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards gifts primarily in the $5,000 to $50,000 range from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develops proposals and progress reports for internal and external audiences.
- Working with supervision, establishes measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Participates in and supports the fundraising initiates of the Foundation, including special events, the employee campaign and donor engagement activities.
- Collaborates across the Foundation team on cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and gift officer portfolios. Works closely with the advancement services team on necessary data, gift processing and acknowledgement.
- Promotes individuals professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Supports Foundation-based goals that contribute to the success of the Foundation and Memorial Hermann.
- Manages other duties as assigned.
Your Saved Jobs
- No jobs saved.
Match Jobs to Your Linkedin Profile
- New Grad RN - Nurse Residency Program - Spring 2020 Cypress Texas Direct Patient Care RN, Patient Care, Nursing - All, Nursing - New Grad
- Patient Care Assistant - Katy Rehab - FT/Days Katy Texas Patient Care, Nursing - All, Non-Licensed Patient Care, Nursing - Rehab
- PRN SLP, Inpatient Rehab at TMC (Adults) Houston Texas Therapeutic & Preventive, Therapy, Nursing - Rehab